Australian Halo Reach Jun A266 Build (pic heavy, Slow Progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjutsu

Hello this is my first thread and proper build, I will be making jun's armor from halo reach. It has been slow progress but alot of fun. I have almost completed the right forearm, the helmet, the boot toe pieces and one hand piece. it is the only jun build that i have seen in Australia.

Here are the pics:
PIC_3244.jpg

The armor set so far + fallout props
PIC_3240.jpg

PIC_3236.jpg

me wearing the helmet in my japanese clothes
PIC_3225.jpg

PIC_3212.jpg

PIC_3209.jpg

PIC_3218.jpg

PIC_3254.jpg

PIC_3259.jpg

PIC_3237.jpg

PIC_3258.jpg

PIC_3266.jpg

overall it is a pretty good build I still need to sand the helmet and do some other stuff to it, add padding, paint, stuff like that. At the moment I am almost out of fibreglass resin, gloves, and acetone. from where i live cairns is the closest and best place to get supplies so it might take me awhile before i get to resin and glass any bits of armor.

looks really good so far man, but you really, really need to sand down on the helmet and a little on the forearm but other than that it looks great =D keep up the fantastic work

looks really good so far man, but you really, really need to sand down on the helmet and a little on the forearm but other than that it looks great =D keep up the fantastic work
My dremel is broken at the moment so it is hard to sand it down and do details but it is possible it just takes a bit longer

Just a quick tip, your making to much work for yourself, I suggest putting on your bondo in thin layers, then sand that thin layer down, if it still needs more bondo to get a warp out or imperfection than repeat another thin layer and sand that smooth then repeat till its the way you like it, also you don't have to cover the entire part with bondo unless it in really bad shape and in that case I would just rebuild the part, reason im suggesting this is it looks like your having to sand like crazy when you really don't have to, it will make your life so much easier and you will be able to complete parts alot quicker rather than sanding all day only to add more bondo because it didn't come out the way you wanted, also another suggestion, get some spot putty filler, use it to fill in all the little pits and dents that are left after you have the bondo shaped the eay you want it, its easy to ssand and you don't have to mix it, use it straight out of the tube, Good luck with your build

Just a quick tip, your making to much work for yourself, I suggest putting on your bondo in thin layers, then sand that thin layer down, if it still needs more bondo to get a warp out or imperfection than repeat another thin layer and sand that smooth then repeat till its the way you like it, also you don't have to cover the entire part with bondo unless it in really bad shape and in that case I would just rebuild the part, reason im suggesting this is it looks like your having to sand like crazy when you really don't have to, it will make your life so much easier and you will be able to complete parts alot quicker rather than sanding all day only to add more bondo because it didn't come out the way you wanted, also another suggestion, get some spot putty filler, use it to fill in all the little pits and dents that are left after you have the bondo shaped the eay you want it, its easy to ssand and you don't have to mix it, use it straight out of the tube, Good luck with your build

I learned this lesson the hard way......keept it up though :)

yea thanks for the info, my helmet has little to no warp-age so i am making for work for myself. i just like the feel and the weight when the bondo is on. but for the next parts of the armor i will try that.

Nice work so far man, I myself havent seen Any Jun outfits anywhere so its good to see one coming together.

Nice work so far man, I myself havent seen Any Jun outfits anywhere so its good to see one coming together.
thanks I was thinking of doing the ODST sniper armor, but when I saw that no one had done Jun armor, I decided to build one and also Jun is awesome.

i have been using these pics for reference for my helmet
hr-jun-helmet-side.jpg

hr-jun-helmet.jpg

46.jpg

they are some of the best pics i could get of the helmet, send me a link if you have seen any other ones :)

Oh hey! I just remembered, I used some of those pictures to make clay coasters! And then the art teacher ruined them..
WAS SO F!@#$#G HACKED.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQa-yJKGMAbPg0UZh5x0Eb4n6t4T1llzsX4irojt2QluwqALLIJRcHssbl5.jpg

sorry for not posting any pictures or updating, school assignments and tests have been flooding in and i have not had enough time to work on the armor :(

here is a good pic of what i want it to look like, plus the attachment for the helmet
Vanity_634562865012616500.png

sorry for so many posts without pics but i cant find the camera :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back