Status
Not open for further replies.

ACDCrockr209

Great news for the people around here that wanted to be a na'vi, but didn't have the time.

Avatar is going to have a sequel...Scratch that, they're going to have a bloody trilogy!!

The new movie will be moving from the thick, green jungles to the deep, blue oceans.

I haven't heard about a release date, but that's not important right now.

-Pony

I heard about this the same day that I saw the movie. I was soooooooooooo excited that I couldn't stand it :lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY ive seen AVATAR 7 times in the theater[ not kidding] i hope the second one will be as equally good, tho i bet their wont be an epic massive best ever done battle scene at the end tho. CANT WAIT TO SEE THE AQUATIC NA'VI AND THE CRAZY NEW FISHES!

Yea I heard James Cameron had written it as a trilogy when the movie came out. Can't wait for the next two, hope they live up to the first.

PEWWWWW!!!!!111122!!!! EPICZ that means i can get my na'vi costume still done and have it at an avatar opening. PEWWWWW!1111!!!!!! I'm so excited. I hope they put in the toruk makto(LOLMAFAOO) Again. I want ultimate war bewteen the na'vi- NA'VI VS. NA'VI = Total epic battle with toruk makto's :p:3

It took them seven years to make the first one, So then this one comes out...2018? Besides it was a decent film. I expected more from this movie than a Pocahontas story, especially since it took them 7 years to make it.

llinformerll said:
It took them seven years to make the first one, So then this one comes out...2018? Besides it was a decent film. I expected more from this movie than a Pocahontas story, especially since it took them 7 years to make it.

C-c-c-c-combo breaker!

hahaha, this is so epically true. I agree wholeheartedly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait for a sequel this movie was great and I am getting Avatar after work to watch tonight with friends. But I hope that this is really true and not a rumor that is not going to happen that would make me really sad.

So true, but I guess I can give the 2nd one a chance...

What's this 7 years? James Cameron wrote it in less than one year, just before or after Titanic (Can't remember right now), then decided not to make it, because SFX weren't up to par with what he wanted. Then, he spent 2 years from 2007 to 2009 actually producing the movie. Even a Star Wars film takes more time, and the prequels all sucked. A lot. So, all considered, I'd give props to Cameron. Sure, it's a Pocahontas story, but so is Dances With Wolves.

At least there were no colored mountains to paint with... And the people were bright blue, not dark red... :lol

I heard that it only took 5 years to make & like Schizophrenicmc said, the technology to make the film the way he wanted to wasn't there yet. They had to make a lot of the technology themselves, just like George Lucas had to do with Star Wars back in the day. I would suspect that these next 2 films won't take as long since they already figured out exactly how to create the movie with the first film. But we shall see.

7 years elapsed from script to movie, it didn't tale 7 years all up. There was a lot of time where nothing was being done.

And now with the tech being already done, it's all just refinements so that side of things will be much quicker.

llinformerll said:
It took them seven years to make the first one, So then this one comes out...2018?

I dont believe that it will take that long, they already have a monstrous amount of models which will make things easier the second time around. but then again I wouldnt mine if it did take that long because it would be just as epic as the first :p

I get tired of people who claim that it was too predictable or didn't have an original storyline. In all honesty, what movie or book does these days? I once had an English professor that said you could break down any piece of fiction into one of two stories: Star Wars (ep iv), or Jane Eyre. And if you look at the basic plots/characters of both, its all very surprising.

iSUPERNOOB said:
I get tired of people who claim that it was too predictable or didn't have an original storyline. In all honesty, what movie or book does these days? I once had an English professor that said you could break down any piece of fiction into one of two stories: Star Wars (ep iv), or Jane Eyre. And if you look at the basic plots/characters of both, its all very surprising.

completely agree :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back