Average Pepakura helmet size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeavyDutyART

I'm currently about to print out the iron man helmet by sharkmark but i'm not sure if i should resize it because the peices get to big for the paper. I might not even need to rescale it. It's default scale is a height of 262, a width of 188, and a depth of 303. My head isn't too big, fairly average, so would i need to resize it? I'm not to worried about the size as long as i can fit into it. Is a height of 262 a good size that most can fit into?

You have to measure your own head. We can't tell you what size you should print it out, because more than likely our advice will be worse than wrong. My best advice tis to grab a measuring tape and if your phone or computer cant exchange inches for millimeters, I'd suggest you download one from the App store or something. Hope that helps just a wee bit. Other than that have fun with your build!

I'd have to agree with DeRanker, especially with Iron Man.

You're going to need your head's diameter width and length-wise before you can go to a scaling thread, and with Iron man's helmet so tight on his head you will just need to add like five or six cm to that measurement, and then test it, if it's too big/small adjust it by 10%ish

If we gave you an average helmet size, it would be too big since halo helmets tend to run wide.

Cant Scale Correctly

When I look at my scale factor it is always 1.8 or 1.15 (Around there every time) I followed the tutorial and it ended up 3 inches too small to even fit over my head. Help?

When I look at my scale factor it is always 1.8 or 1.15 (Around there every time) I followed the tutorial and it ended up 3 inches too small to even fit over my head. Help?

I never really even use the scale factor when sizing my pieces. I just use the height measurement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back