Props Beam Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razgriz

Hello folks,

This is Razgriz offering greetings and salutations! How have you all been?

I've been working on a Beam Rifle for a bit now and decided now would be a good time to show it to you all.

Pic

th_IMG_0748.jpg

It's coming along great and it should look like it came out of a Covenant weapons factory with a few more hours of work. However, I plan on molding and making cast of the weapon, and I don't know how much Rebound 25 to order! Or better yet... somebody in the Cleveland area who can mold and cast can help me out and get as many as they want...

I also must say, getting nice curves that are symmetrical is a pain int he butt!

But, yeah. There it is. Hope you all like.

!

Well, so much for being the first with a beam rifle.

Actually, its good I see this because now...

I'M DETERMINED TO BEAT YOU!

Looks awesome so far, and you've just inspired my competitive edge, which I will apply to my own Beam Rifle. And yes, those curved edges are awful to work with for sure. Keep up the good work!

It's not a competition. ;)

I should also mention I sculpted this with clay; I did not use pepakura/fiberglass/bondo.

But to ask again, anybody with experience molding, how many gallons of silicon would you think necessary to make the 'glove' around the rifle?

Razgriz said:

I should also mention I sculpted this with clay; I did not use pepakura/fiberglass/bondo.

But to ask again, anybody with experience molding, how many gallons of silicon would you think necessary to make the 'glove' around the rifle?

Well that answers my question, the surface looked a little bumpy in areas that's why I was leaning to thinking it was clay.

Did you find it rather difficult to sculpt, most of the time you only see helmets being sculpted?

Last edited by a moderator:
Richie said:
Well that answers my question, the surface looked a little bumpy in areas that's why I was leaning to thinking it was clay.

Did you find it rather difficult to sculpt, most of the time you only see helmets being sculpted?

No, I didn't think it was too bad. Putting in details like lines and such is a heck of a lot easier with clay then it is bondo! ;)

However, one thing that I think is easier with bondo/mud is to get a smooth surface. You can't sand clay! That's why the surface is sort of bumpy. That's the only part I'm having trouble with but am improving on.

Even then, smoothing isn't hard. What makes it hard is the curve of the rifle.

Razgriz said:

Maybe 2 gallons of silicone would be needed possibly less.

Tylkon said:
!

Well, so much for being the first with a beam rifle.

Actually, its good I see this because now...

I'M DETERMINED TO BEAT YOU!

Looks awesome so far, and you've just inspired my competitive edge, which I will apply to my own Beam Rifle. And yes, those curved edges are awful to work with for sure. Keep up the good work!

its bin made before :)

Razgriz said:
It's not a competition.
wink.gif

I would say it really depends on the type of mold you make. You could make a jacket mould similar to what Adam did with his assault rifle, or the larger box moulds like rube built for leekegan's battle rifle. The jacket would definitely use less silicon, so I would say it is user preference. Hopefully that gives you good direction to get some ideas.

-Matt

Sweet! I love the Beam Rifle!

Would you mind posting bigger pics.

I want to see this baby with more detail.

-Pony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back