Been on here for over 90 Days I believe but Need to get started on 50 Posts Now, still figuring some stuff out

niranontaa

47DF7918-458A-41A0-B1DB-85386854C77C.jpeg

I believe if you have a costume already you're able to jump straight in without the 50 post requirement since you'd be deployable at that point. I'd look into it a bit more if I were you.
Not true at all.

To go through the optional Deployment process you must be 18 years old and a member of your local Regiment, and in order to be a member of your local Regiment you must have 50 posts on an account that has been actuve for 90 days.

In rare cases a Regiment Commanding Officer may request special permission to add a member to their Regiment who does not meet one of those two criteria, but this is usually done for those members who have been active contributing members either in person or have assisted their local Regiment in another significant capacity.

Not true at all.

To go through the optional Deployment process you must be 18 years old and a member of your local Regiment, and in order to be a member of your local Regiment you must have 50 posts on an account that has been actuve for 90 days.

In rare cases a Regiment Commanding Officer may request special permission to add a member to their Regiment who does not meet one of those two criteria, but this is usually done for those members who have been active contributing members either in person or have assisted their local Regiment in another significant capacity.
Ah ok, I was under the assumption that the costume enlistment overruled the post requirement. My mistake.

Usually a good way to get your 50 is through a build thread, but seeing as you’ve built it, perhaps a showcase instead? Show how each part was put together, strapping and the like

Ah ok, I was under the assumption that the costume enlistment overruled the post requirement. My mistake.
As has already been explained to you before on Discord, having a costume in the 405th has never been a membership requirement and never will be. We are pretty much the only costuming community out there where you don't have to actually have a completed or even in progress costume to join and become a member, you just just have to engage with the community, because our focus is on assisting, educating, and instructing others in how to build the Halo costume of their dreams. Even event attendance is secondary to fulfilling that goal of assisting others. That is why the Deployment program is strictly optional and has no bearing on 405th or Regiment membership and in fact is secondary to joining your Regiment and can't be done until you are a vested member of our Community.

niranontaa I apologize for this derailment of your thread with inaccurate information.

In the future I would recommend putting the contents of your message into the body of the post, not just the thread title, as well as adding some context to the images you post. I assume that is your suit? What is it made out of of? How long did it take you to construct it? Taking about your build, documenting its construction, and sharing the things you learned along the way is a great way to get your 50 posts to qualify for Regimental membership. Another good way is to engage with other members in their threads. Ask questions about their builds and their techniques. Offer encouragement or friendly, constructive advice.

And remember, qualifying to join your local Regiment (Colonial in your case since you're from Pennsylvania) is a marathon, not a sprint. Don't try to get all your posts in a weekend. Just focus on sharing and assisting others without worrying about your post count and you'll be there before you realize it.

This thread is more than 9 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back