Before Starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

xCalvin

Me and my freind are planning to make a recon helmet with default body armour but we are trying to sort out a budget, i was looking around forums and i was wondering if anyone recommends mud or somthing else for the outside and i found where i live fibreglass is pretty expensive is there a cheaper alternative? and any other tips for making it look realistic would be helpfull!

Paper Mache I an option, just have to pay for glue or flour. but I havn't done glue yet but I think that would be better option. The would be other method is hot glue, that I here is not that good. But me and a couple other 405thers have used paper mache and found it easy on the walet and pretty strong and durable. Check out my sigs and search "alternative to fiberglass resin."

There is Rondo, don't know how well it does or anything, i just know people use that and that its cheaper. and from what i've seen a lot of people bondo the outside for detail, probably because they already have it because of the rondo.

There is Rondo, don't know how well it does or anything, i just know people use that and that its cheaper. and from what i've seen a lot of people bondo the outside for detail, probably because they already have it because of the rondo.

I alway though Rondo was Bondo+fiberglass resin? but either way paper mache it the cheapest method, but might not be the most use/ or advised

I alway though Rondo was Bondo+fiberglass resin? but either way paper mache it the cheapest method, but might not be the most use/ or advised

true it is, but i figured its the most bang for your buck, since you would probably want to resin the pep before you did anything to it, and you would probably have bondo to detail it. so paper mache probably is the cheapest, i have no idea, i'm just fiberglassing and haven't looked into any other ways

so im going to papermache the inside and rondo the outside i hope this will be good!
uh i could be wrong, but its one or the other, you would do both inside. you do use resin and bondo outside but at different stages, you resin the outside before you fiberglass/rondo/papermache the inside to give the paper some strength so it doesn't warp (or as much) when you actually do it. then after you have finished strengthening it then you bondo the outside. you need to strengthen it first so you don't ruin it when you apply it or when you sand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back