Begginer Armor.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt Campbell

Hey guys im kinda new to the whole pepakura thing and i have some questions.

1. What type of adhesive should I use?...

2. how can you strengthen your armor( to withstand paint balls)?

3. what type of visor should I use?... ( motorcycle, etc.)

4. What is pepp anyway is it short for pepakura? idk.

and 5. Is Eva a good starting point?

Plezzz
respond and reply Im really intrested in getting started...

Thx,

Matthew Campbell

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to sound mean, but check the stickys for most(if not all) of your questions. That is the first thing you should be doing right now.

As far as paintball is concerned.....yea, lets not go down that road again.

This is the second post where you are asking about making paintball resistant armor. The 405th does not encourage, support or endorse the making of homemade safety gear in any way. The methods contained within are for constructing props and costume pieces.

Drgnfyre4 said:
The 405th does not encourage, support or endorse the making of homemade safety gear in any way. The methods contained within are for constructing props and costume pieces.

Sadly, I feel that if this was posted in huge bold letters on the front page, it still wouldn't help.

@Sgt. Campbell

1.super glue/ hot glue.

2.hrmm 50 layers of fiberglass. - a guess, this armor is never made for paintball. nuff said

3.idk

4.pep>pepakura...

5.halo costuming wiki. = win low detail parts.

@OxA "As far as paintball is concerned.....yea, lets not go down that road again."

- LOL gotta love these questions time and time again....

OxA said:
Not to sound mean, but check the stickys for most(if not all) of your questions. That is the first thing you should be doing right now.

As far as paintball is concerned.....yea, lets not go down that road again.

Thx man that really helped

Have to agree with OxA on that. The 1st thing you should be doing after your introduction post is read the stickies in the noob forum. It may seem like a waste of time reading through everything, when u can just make a thread asking what u need to know, but that is discouraged and not the purpose of the 405th.

We're not here to "teach" individuals how to make weapons and armor we're all here to "learn" from each other as a whole community. If you haven't already, watch adams new recruit orientation video (full of info about 405th.com, whats its about, how it works, its tops :D )

New Recruit Orientation Video - http://405th.com/for...showtopic=17078

Dont be discouraged by this, im not trying to stomp on your ambition, but this is something everyone needs to know. When i 1st joined, be about a month ago now, i spent almost a week just reading stickies and posts, researching materials, local suppliers, loads of stuff till my head damn near exploded :pbut i was prepared ;) and that helped me understand everything soo much more, and was well worth it :)

So to sum it up.

-Do your homework (read up on stickies and past topics, THE SEARCH TOOL IS YOUR FRIEND :D )

-Be prepared (make sure u know what ur getting into, if not, then ask. alot of helpful people here)

-Be patient (rushing anything can/will lead to poor quality work or even failure which is never fun)

-Have fun

And welcome to the 405th :)

MetalFr3q said:
Have to agree with OxA on that. The 1st thing you should be doing after your introduction post is read the stickies in the noob forum. It may seem like a waste of time reading through everything, when u can just make a thread asking what u need to know, but that is discouraged and not the purpose of the 405th.

We're not here to "teach" individuals how to make weapons and armor we're all here to "learn" from each other as a whole community. If you haven't already, watch adams new recruit orientation video (full of info about 405th.com, whats its about, how it works, its tops :D )

Dont be discouraged by this, im not trying to stomp on your ambition, but this is something everyone needs to know. When i 1st joined, be about a month ago now, i spent almost a week just reading stickies and posts, researching materials, local suppliers, loads of stuff till my head damn near exploded :pbut i was prepared ;) and that helped me understand everything soo much more, and was well worth it :)

So to sum it up.

-Do your homework (read up on stickies and past topics, THE SEARCH TOOL IS YOUR FRIEND :D )

-Be prepared (make sure u know what ur getting into, if not, then ask. alot of helpful people here)

-Be patient (rushing anything can/will lead to poor quality work or even failure which is never fun)

-Have fun

man if all noobs were like him... our life seems just so easy.. lols. i have to agree with you in there. you seemed to have done your homework well. lols

now a days people seems to just go straight to the battlefield with not enough knowledge on how the war goes...

MetalFr3q said:

So to sum it up.

-Have fun

Very good said, as said, we aren't here to teach you, but you may learn if you want to.

Have to agree with the above posters :)

The introduction vid by Adam is excellent and it's one of the few forums I've found that has done something like that.

Furthermore there are a stack full of really useful stickies to give you a great starting point :) Good luck with the armour!

I'll be working on a MC suit eventually but until then I'm in the 40K camp (don't shoot me!) ;)

P.S. Why would you want to ruin your lovely finished armour with a paintball session? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back