Beginnings of a new project

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm taking the advice I got from a previous post and starting with boots. This is what I got done tonight. I'm experimenting with plastic wood to fill all the gaps. It still looks crummy though... a little frustrating.

Attachments

• 20170301_204918.jpg
    20170301_204918.jpg
    796 KB · Views: 218
are you cutting the angles that touch each other at an angle?
This is why I recommend doing test pieces...it helps a lot during the building process.

your cuts look clean, though. Believe me, my build looked much worse.

I would recommend finishing the boots, and testing all the different techniques you want to see what you like best on the boots.
Then, if you don't like the result, try again with all the new things you've learned. it helps a lot.

On my first build, what I did was experiment on one piece like 3 times until I got a result that I liked, then started on more pieces with my newfound knowledge. worked really well for me.
watch THIS. it will explain everything you want to know about foam.

Hope this helps!

are you cutting the angles that touch each other at an angle?
This is why I recommend doing test pieces...it helps a lot during the building process.

your cuts look clean, though. Believe me, my build looked much worse.

I would recommend finishing the boots, and testing all the different techniques you want to see what you like best on the boots.
Then, if you don't like the result, try again with all the new things you've learned. it helps a lot.

On my first build, what I did was experiment on one piece like 3 times until I got a result that I liked, then started on more pieces with my newfound knowledge. worked really well for me.
watch THIS. it will explain everything you want to know about foam.

Hope this helps!
Thanks. I OBSESSIVELY sharpen my blades. I hate the skipping. But yes, I try to keep my lines as straight as possible. Try not to bevel my pieces.

Just wait, he'll derail your thread soon enough. Hahah.

Nice work so far. Keep posting pics and asking questions. As long as you show effort we'll help you through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back