BEHOLD, the Future in Cutting & Scoring

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does it cut round peices, it looks like its just a straight moving wheel so does it twist or what?

rvb4life said:
i like the good old fashioned way of doin it, it gets it done without fancy equipment.
Unfolding 3d models on computers and printing them out is old fashioned compared to a sliding razor blade? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
NZ-TK said:
Looks cool, I'll keep my eyes peeled for one of these doodickers.

I saw a few of them in Warehouse Stationary the other day, I don't think they were that expensive either :)

Descended Life said:
... i use haircutting siccorz :cautious:

Sad day,

Maybe Dancing Kitty will Cheer you up :D

Yeah, get some diff scissors bro, or one of the cutter tables.
Plz don't say they are thinning scissors.

-Justin

Yaaaaaaay! Fiskars! This cannot be for 40USD... because in finland it costs around 80euros (120usd)
You might be able to get another brand, but fiskars is expensive (and it's finnish so it's cheaper here)
This is cool... But takes time to get used to.

-Fin(n)ish

EDIT: oh, this is a model made of plastic? I have one wich is nearly a 100% steel.

tonsofhoopla said:
Okay,

So i was working on some pep stuff at my grandparents during spring Break, and was complaining about the mind
numbing process of cutting and scoring. When my Grandpa, suddenly shot out a suggestion.
A Rotary Trimmer. He happened to have one and let me try it.
Basically put, a rotary trimmer is for cutting,scoring,or perforating paper. It has a circular blade (like a pizza cutter) on a single Axis, attached to a small table. The Blades are changeable, and there are vast types of blades.

So i tried it out, and it was Godly,
i cut and scored a piece (like whole set of pages) that took me three days to do last time i did it,
in about 2 hours.

It worked perfect and obviously cut my time.
The cuts are perfect, the scores are perfect and fold no problem.

Here are some pictures,
0404081423.jpg

This Particular table is made by Fiskars, and these things are really cheap (like $40 for a professional one)
0404081445.jpg

0404081424.jpg

0404081432.jpg

0404081431.jpg

Sorry for the blurry pictures, my camera was acting odd.

The tabled i used is the Cheap one this company makes, and it worked amazing.
These tables all pretty much are around the same price throughout companies. CARL also makes some good ones.
So if you are tired of spending tedious hours or days cutting and scoring, then invest in
one of these. They will give you PERFECT cuts and scores everytime, and will cut your
time by alot. And it's less mind numbing then doing it all by hand.
This should save money compared to buying Pens,Rulers,Razor Blades, etc. to do it all by hand.
I even tried some really complex parts on this thing and it did it flawlessy. And within 20 minutes i was really good at using it,
and had figured all the little nuiances out and how to do certain peices.

So all in all, i hope this can help other people here in the community.
It's definately worth the money, and it's WAY cheaper than the CRAFTRobo (auto cutting printer)
And it will S.Y.S (Save Your Sanity) and give you perfect Results.
Heres a link to the one i used, i found it for cheaper elsewhere,
*CLICK HERE*
If you do decide to get one, make sure you buy one that allows you to change ROTARY BLADES, so you can attach scoring blades, etc.
Because they do sell just cutters, but they won't work well since they cut strait and you can't decide where the blade cuts.
The one i used lets you decide when the blade goes down to make contact with the paper, so you can do precise cuts.

Hope this helps

-Justin

He do you have any idea of how much they cost

Finnish_Spartan said:
Yaaaaaaay! Fiskars! This cannot be for 40USD... because in finland it costs around 80euros (120usd)
You might be able to get another brand, but fiskars is expensive (and it's finnish so it's cheaper here)
This is cool... But takes time to get used to.

-Fin(n)ish

EDIT: oh, this is a model made of plastic? I have one wich is nearly a 100% steel.

No dude, i'm serious all the stores around here sell that same model for $40 or less. Fiskars isn't really expensive. But it must be diff in Finland.
Yeah that model is plastic,
I wouldn't mind a full metal one, but it all gets the job done the same.

To mastermarine: They can range anywhere from like $20 - easily over $100, the model i'm using is about $40, and thats sort of a norm in price you will end up paying. Oh and for future reference, before you reply make sure you take the pictures out of the original post you are replying from, it takes a lot of room.

-Justin

dang.
good job on the find.
all over my winter break this year.
like the 18th of december to the 5th of january i made a helm, half a helm, and half a br.
the second helm didn't turn out right.
and it was just such a strenuous process to cut and score the lines.
i'm going to have to buy one of those.

aooo309 said:
dang.
good job on the find.
all over my winter break this year.
like the 18th of december to the 5th of january i made a helm, half a helm, and half a br.
the second helm didn't turn out right.
and it was just such a strenuous process to cut and score the lines.
i'm going to have to buy one of those.

Yeah its an excellent tool to help solve just those very problems :D

-Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back