Belakor's Halo 3D Weapon Models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belakor

Here's a few of the 3D models I've built the past few months for people interested, some are finished and some aren't. Everything was modeled in Solidworks and rendered in Hypershot (I've since moved to Photoview 360 and hopefully Modo, provided they update the Mac version to support Solidworks models)

I should probably say first off that these aren't going to be released, nothing personal just that they are my personal portfolio projects and also because you couldn't pep any of them even if they were out there... they're just too detailed (I have tried ;) )

Though having said that feel free to use the photos here and on Flickr for reference if you think they'll help. At a later stage I will probably look at turning all the models in to drawings for building physical versions of them, that wont be for a while though.

(Click to enlarge)

Halo 3: ODST M6C SOCOM:

This was rendered in silver because the matte black didn't print properly... long story short, I had to quickly throw together a folder full of my work and print it on the home printer, black just looked bad.

3628600222_7b029a61df_m.jpg 3628373608_02b75e42e9_m.jpg

Here is the black, slightly older renders and a mag with some hollow-points (with custom stamping, not pictured)

3624038823_3eafde119b_m.jpg

3620060405_8c5d8bace0_m.jpg 3621609050_5ab4c039cf_m.jpg

More photos can be found here

Halo 3 Battle Rifle (Unfinished):

This is one I haven't finished yet. Started modeling it after I got the scaled MR version (and the carbine) for way cheap from a friend.

3611512549_a5d866830a_m.jpg 3611465315_5a7ac46092_m.jpg

Halo 2 Concept Battle Rifle:

This one I really like, taken from one of the tiny images on page 102 of 'The Art of Halo' (the original, not the newer Art of Halo 3).

I still need to do the scope/red dot.

3649910192_fc230eb190_m.jpg 3650033664_780c5901b6_m.jpg

3649239613_30ac0a27c4_m.jpg 3651070909_cd2f8005e1_m.jpg

I think that's all the ones I have on Flickr at the moment. Other things I've been working on are a Halo 2 concept GPMG (also from The Art of Halo), the Weta Laser Designator from the Landfall shorts, some of the other M6 pistol variants (mostly ones we've never seen), the Halo 3 power drain, and some other stuff that I can't remember.

Edit: Also, does anyone know what the text is on the side of the pistol (the suppressor part) where I've got "Belakor"? I couldn't make anything out so that text is just temporary... though it does work as a good watermark :D

This stuff looks epic and you are an awesome person.

While you're at it, try one of the armor permutation cuts from the art of Halo 3 XD

Bloodl3tt3r said:
This stuff looks epic and you are an awesome person.

While you're at it, try one of the armor permutation cuts from the art of Halo 3 XD

Thank you, I appreciate the compliment :)

I had actually planned on doing one of the permutation helmets from the Art of Halo 3 book but it never went very far... this was as far as I got:

3663260219_4681eab5e1.jpg

A partially completed HD Mk VI helmet squashed beyond repair The Mk VI helmet just doesn't appeal to me, which is why I've never been motivated enough to do it.

3d modeling some of the cut pieces is on the cards though, I just have to finish other things first. That and I need to improve my point-modeling skills, I'm still pretty new to that side of things but I'm getting better.

It's not Halo but I started working on this a while ago to improve my skills:

3505271517_5202dbeded_m.jpg

Some other Halo related renders:

A gold M6C, for the "pimpin" ODST :p:

3624534122_d4fb3dcc79_m.jpg

The "Squirt Gun" M6C:

3623868386_8aa952e0c0_m.jpg

Thanks to Unique Name for that idea, one day I will turn this in to a squirt gun :D

Power Drain:

3663851039_8bd942e668_m.jpg

Mostly based on the Art of Halo 3 concept drain.

The start of the Laser Designator:

3621028543_51aa283b69_m.jpg

For people looking for references for this, download the Landfall shorts in HD (I don't have a link but it's out there somewhere) and load it up in Quicktime. I went through the section with the designator frame by frame and got some good references... better than anything you'll find on the net I'd say.

Last edited by a moderator:
those look sweet. i want to make the CBR "concept BR" and put a silencer on it, i think it would look cool.

Awesome work Belakor and nice to see you back!

I've been watching your works on Flickr for months now, very impressed with your odst pistol and I enjoyed seeing your Watchmen projects too.

mad skills Belakor.

if you want i got a side profile blueprint i made, that i used to make my Laser Designator, i could send it to ya? just give ya an idea of what i came up with, i think its pretty accurate.

so if you think you would like to take a look at it, let me know.

HaloFreakX said:
Holy crap, look at the detail on the M6.

Welcome back. :)

Here's a few more detail shots :)

3765120576_d45e97b172_m.jpg 3765119496_314ba016c7_m.jpg

3764320955_6fab67358a_m.jpg 3765116618_f15ce6077e_m.jpg

The originals are 1000px wide, should be big enough to see more detail, click through to see them. I normally render at about 3000px but I don't share those incase someone rips them off and claims them as their own... not that that's happened to me before or anything :p

The Chinese (I think?) characters should be accurate to the render/game and the other markings are reasonably close but I need to perfect that. Also need to add the characters on the underside of the grip/frame, whatever the detail is above the M on the mag, and the details on the back of the slide. Not bad for three to four days work (two of which were 20+ hour days )

SavvyTank said:
those look sweet. i want to make the CBR "concept BR" and put a silencer on it, i think it would look cool.

Thanks. That sounds like a cool idea, would look good along side the ODST M6C and SMG I think ;)

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
Damn, Belakor! This stuff is awesome!

Thanks! Must keep pumping out some more cool stuff... hopefully get access to some cool machinery so I can make physical versions of these :D

Harris007 said:
OMG! Those are sure purty. They are soo realistic. Are u suure those arent real guns? :)

I really wish they were real, that would make my life so much easier because I wouldn't have to try and build these things :p

Ruze789 said:
Awesome work Belakor and nice to see you back!

I've been watching your works on Flickr for months now, very impressed with your odst pistol and I enjoyed seeing your Watchmen projects too.

Thanks Ruze! It's good to hear people have been finding my stuff on Flickr and liking it :) Hopefully I'll have more stuff going up soon, just need to finish these last two sculpts and then I can get back to it all :D

DreadMullet said:
mad skills Belakor.

if you want i got a side profile blueprint i made, that i used to make my Laser Designator, i could send it to ya? just give ya an idea of what i came up with, i think its pretty accurate.

so if you think you would like to take a look at it, let me know.

Cool, if you've got that blueprint handy I'd be keen to take a look at it.

Luckily most of it is just a modified sniper rifle but it's those original pieces that complicate things, that and the fact that you never really get a good side or top down view.

rundown said:
nice model belakor really bad ass.

could you possibly show the wireframe?

Since it's Solidworks there's no real "wireframe" per se (not that I've found at least, I'm still learning ;) ) but there's these:

This is the model as it looks as I'm building it:

3765550122_4c9c3b209b_m.jpg

The funky colours are for adding materials and so I can see which parts are which ;)

I guess you could call this the wireframe but it's not like your traditional wireframe in something like C4D

3765568956_db2a16a599_m.jpg 3764774303_490e581624_m.jpg

As it would output as an STL:

3764775059_9f67c31326_m.jpg 3764774687_04249f2a20_m.jpg

Keeping in mind that Solidworks exports horrible STL's.

Probably not exactly what you were after but that's about all I can do I think, SW is a very different beast... which is why I love it :D

Also following up on your idea SavvyTank:

3765551920_6d2391a984_m.jpg

Literally threw the suppressor together in five minutes and you'll have to forgive the render/material quality, I haven't updated the model to work with the new software, which makes it a real pain to texture.

I think it looks kind of cool all black like that (it's a powdercoat finish), just with the trigger, bolt, etc in a brushed aluminium maybe.

XxCALIBERxX said:
Sexy as man, your skills are mad...

Cheers, Dave.

Thank you :D

Really need to come up with better ways to say thanks, don't want it to seem like some generic response when I'm actually trying to make each individual ;)

You don't even need to pull the trigger of those guns, because they're drop dead gorgeous.

My M6C is astounding, amazing reference for everybody working on that gun.

Thanks for sharing these screens with us. That's one heckuva portfolio piece!

See now that is what makes me what to go into Inventor right now and see if I could model a similar beast, but it probably wouldn't render as well. In my opinion, Solidworks has a much better rendering program than Inventor.

Wireframe on any program is just the object lines. But as Belakor pointed out already, it's much different in Solidworks...and Inventor. They're both know as parametric modeling programs. Our wireframes look more like outlines than polygon meshes.

Good stuff Belakor. :)

Absolutelybeautiful Belakor! Your M6C puts my 3D M6G to shame. lol Nice to see another SolidWorks user though. Best of luck, I hope to see more from you!

I can't keep silent, man, I need to say it, man, you're just incredible cool, man...

p.s. solidworks ftw

wow those are absoluetly amazeing in detail. i would love to get my hands on those and build them. but with my luck my cnc is bust for a while so i wont have any use for any of the files.. and my 3d work isnt any better so i cant make my own.

as i said this is the stuff that is worth alot of time to make and build. congrats on such a huge acheivement with that.

Sean Bradley said:
You don't even need to pull the trigger of those guns, because they're drop dead gorgeous.

My M6C is astounding, amazing reference for everybody working on that gun.

Thanks for sharing these screens with us. That's one heckuva portfolio piece!

Thanks Sean :)

Hopefully I'll be able to get some drawings out of some of these in the near future, might make building weapons a little easier

Having some problems with the drawing, will try and fix it later

Watermarked like that because it's not ready for use, just a preview. Need to remove some extra stuff and add some more details in places then it should be ready.

23Magnum said:
See now that is what makes me what to go into Inventor right now and see if I could model a similar beast, but it probably wouldn't render as well. In my opinion, Solidworks has a much better rendering program than Inventor.

Wireframe on any program is just the object lines. But as Belakor pointed out already, it's much different in Solidworks...and Inventor. They're both know as parametric modeling programs. Our wireframes look more like outlines than polygon meshes.

Good stuff Belakor. :)

Thanks for explaining that Magnum, I was trying to think of a way to do it but my brain was mush.

I've never tried Inventor myself but as you said the Solidworks renderer is quite nice. For something so simple to setup it it pumups out some nice looking renders :D

I think this is one of the first ones I did when I started:

3466871145_1520ab8809_m.jpg

Pretty bad compared to the newer stuff but I had no idea how to apply materials or anything :p

Gokussj5okazu said:
Absolutelybeautiful Belakor! Your M6C puts my 3D M6G to shame. lol Nice to see another SolidWorks user though. Best of luck, I hope to see more from you!

Thanks, as I said in your thread it's good to see there are a few of us Solidworks people on here :D

bevbor said:
I can't keep silent, man, I need to say it, man, you're just incredible cool, man...

p.s. solidworks ftw

Thanks Bevbor, really appreciate that, especially since you've done so many awesome looking models in SW :D

CommanderFluffy said:
wow those are absoluetly amazeing in detail. i would love to get my hands on those and build them. but with my luck my cnc is bust for a while so i wont have any use for any of the files.. and my 3d work isnt any better so i cant make my own.

as i said this is the stuff that is worth alot of time to make and build. congrats on such a huge acheivement with that.

I've actually been planning on going back to fix some of these up just for CNCing, as it is not I think they would have a few problems and it'd be cooler if the suppressor on the M6C was removable :D

It'll be a while before I can get to that though, once I do it should be pretty simple to do :)

Some more renders of the suppressed BR:

3766582665_dd7a0fba4b_m.jpg 3767381094_d0046f6129_m.jpg

3767380420_f92bbb3735_m.jpg

Here's some other Halo stuff in various stages of completion.

A couple of concept Brute grenades:

3766792675_38cf8531de_m.jpg 3766793311_abd591b828_m.jpg

And this is me sketching out the start of one of the concept GMPG's

3766792335_c11118d347_m.jpg

All three are from the Art of Halo book, there's some cool stuff in there for sure... I must resist going through the Art of Halo 3 book now, 'cause I know I'll see something that I have to do right now :lol

3767586875_e538e0aa91_m.jpg 3768387914_9c949ed37d_m.jpg

I did this pretty quickly the other day and added this just now:

3769833091_1f555a217d_m.jpg

Would make a cool ring I think ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back