Belakor's Landfall ODST armor build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belakor man..you NEVER stop amazing me!! Haha yet again you pull out all the stops and are creating some kick sets of armour. Seeing all your stuff gives me inspiration to get my act together and finish mine :p

-TL13

Last edited by a moderator:
Belakor said:
Basically had to trash two days work because of that mud that wouldn't cure Some good came out of that though, I found out that the torso is really strong. I got so fed up with the mud clogging up the sandpaper that I smashed the torso as hard as I possibly could against the concrete floor and no damage was done :)

I know what that's like.. I've had a CQB up on my roof and outside for three days.. still not quite cured, but alllmost. Sun in the day and worklights at night is doing it, though.. slowly.

I have tried to download the Landfall ODST helmet pep file and my computer will not let me open it. I have spent the last three days looking through the site for another Pep file that will work. Besides getting side tracked and reading other interesting threads, learning some stuff, and looking at peoples project, yet I couldn't locate what originally looking for.

Are there any suggestions, or links to threads that will help me out or point me in the right direction?

all the other pieces work fine.

I tried to follow etiquette before posting this, but I just could locate anything that would work. BTW this site is huge, it took me awhile to get through most of the threads/info, so kudos because I learned a lot and feel confident to give it a try.

ODST Dark Ness said:
I have tried to download the Landfall ODST helmet pep file and my computer will not let me open it. I have spent the last three days looking through the site for another Pep file that will work. Besides getting side tracked and reading other interesting threads, learning some stuff, and looking at peoples project, yet I couldn't locate what originally looking for.

Are there any suggestions, or links to threads that will help me out or point me in the right direction?
You probably need WinRAR. Just google it, download and then install it.

Thank you for the quick response.

The program winrar was not able to open up the file this is what I get when I download it and try to open it:

C:\documents and setting\*****\temporary internet files\contents.ies\MMP9DHJ1\ODST_Helmet-letter[2].pdo
the archive is either in an unknown format or damaged

any other suggestions or ideas how to remedy this would greatly be appreciated and again thank you for your help thus far. :D

ODST Dark Ness said:
The program winrar was not able to open up the file this is what I get when I download it and try to open it:

C:\documents and setting\*****\temporary internet files\contents.ies\MMP9DHJ1\ODST_Helmet-letter[2].pdo
Well, you weren't clear the first time. For this file format, you need Pepakura Designer 2 to open it. Read the Ultimate Pepakura FAQ sticky.

ODST Dark Ness said:
Thank you for the quick response.

any other suggestions or ideas how to remedy this would greatly be appreciated and again thank you for your help thus far. :D
You do have the Pepakura Designer software installed right? The .pdo is a format that can only be used by the Pepakura software (as far as I know)

Since the thread is back up again I might as well post an update of sorts...

All my ODST stuff is on hold right now, not only because of Wall-E (and MY BSG gear) but also because I'm looking at using a different (read: screen accurate) construction method, just need some clarification before I can go ahead with that... should still have the armor done for WellyGeddon next year though :)

Thank you. I'll try and figure it out.
and yes I did download pepakura designer 2.

I apologize I didn't mean to necro-post, I just realized I posted in the wrong the thread. I had multiple screens up Sorry.

Well, it is a hard core Necro, but no Spanking for this, it was meant to be helpful, while not 100% kosher. PLEASE PLEASE, check previous post dates.

Reviving an old project... and it has nothing to do with the game release.

Been unusually motived the past few days, not sure why but I've been getting more stuff done than usual :unsure Might be the warmer, sunnier weather.

I was planning on starting a new more accurate torso a while back but never did, plus it seems like a waste to have done so much of the torso already and not use it so I've started fixing and finishing it off.

Doing some experimenting right now, using some expanding foam to build up some of the areas that need work and will then resin (maybe fiberglass) over the top and smooth with bondo:

3886195028_96ae10d007.jpg

3885396389_63646d8205.jpg

3886185290_a597ae2278.jpg

3886189048_6cf3d18835.jpg

Did some shaping too, though it probably doesn't stand out all that much.

This is probably going to be a moulding master so I'm not too worried about how strong it is.

Also spent a good deal of time today going through the 720p Landfall short frame by frame, picking up on details and working out just what I'm going to need to build from scratch. Spotted some interesting things I've never noticed before, probably wasn't paying attention though :p

Hahah I see that you use a lot of expanding in some of your projects. But other than that, I'm curious on how it will look for molding :D

Haha I haven't started that half autobot and decepticon thing yet ;)

SoullessSin said:
Hahah I see that you use a lot of expanding in some of your projects. But other than that, I'm curious on how it will look for molding :D

Haha I haven't started that half autobot and decepticon thing yet ;)

I do like my expanding foam :D

3886559318_548bd915a5.jpg

Toe cap filled with more of it ;)

It's cool because it's cheap, effective, and fun to watch expand! Way cheaper than trying to build up huge mounds of fiberglass or bondo.

I would say it's not such a bad thing that you haven't started... you really don't want to be starting projects like I do, 'cause you never get anything done :p :lol

DYSTORTED INC said:
its great to see you back at making armor again. I can't wait for another update.

Thanks :) Hopefully I'll be able to post semi-regular updates, it'll mostly be the pep stuff right now I think then I should be able to move on to the cool stuff :D

The toe again with the torso, just waiting for all the foam to cure... probably a couple of days.

3885763329_c7303daf75.jpg

Still not sure how I'm going to build it yet (leaning more towards a styrene build) but I had some fun with the knee pep file :D

3886556710_4845f6fb24.jpg

Even though it's not accurate I think I'm going to have to include that skull somewhere on the armour... then again the whole suit isn't going to be "accurate", more on that at a later date though ;)

I did quick search on Google and I noticed there are so many different kinds and the videos on youtube make expanding foam look fun.

I'm not sure you if you buy it locally or get it online but do you mind pointing me in the right direction? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back