Belakor's Landfall ODST armor build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Queen, Mrbungle :D

Re. the plastic. I'm using 3mm HIPS for everything so far though I'll be swapping that out for some 1-1.5mm on the pieces that I need to curve more, like the forearms, shins and possibly the thighs. I'm going to use that for some of the finer detail too, that way I don't have to use the 3mm and try to grind it down to the right height :)

Mixed up a new batch of styrene filler this morning, should be doing the final filling on the smaller butt pack and the larger one... if I can find those templates, they're never where they should be :rolleyes

i love how it turning out bro im trying an odst build to what fore arm would you suggest useing

tumbucu said:
i love how it turning out bro im trying an odst build to what fore arm would you suggest useing

Thanks :) As for the forearm, it'd depend on what version you're going for I suppose, I haven't really looked at the ones modeled off the in-game versions but I'd say go with them if you're wanting more of the H3:ODST look or SKG's ones for the Landfall look. I like the Landfall more than anything so that's what I'll be doing, though scratch built rather than pepped.

jokester08 said:
I'm going for my ODST and it's coming along pretty good. can't wait till it's done!

BY680 said:
amazing very much that is

Bigwillie5 said:
this is turning out really well, are you thinking about molding this when its complete?

Yes and no. I will be moulding certain parts, stuff like the torso and possibly the toe caps I'll do but I'll see what happens with the rest. If you're asking about buying though I wont be selling anything, strictly a 'one of a kind' thing like my other stuff.

No progress on the armour to speak of, been busy with stuff (read: PS3 ;)) though I have been breaking in my (screen accurate) Landfall ODST boots recently :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I was wondering if you could give me an idea of how to attach those chest pieces. I just finished pepping them, and I'm unsure of how to attach them after I resin them. How do YOU plan on doing it?

Any assistance would be most awesome.

Belakor said:
Finally have a chance to reply...

@ ODST-RAGE: Thanks

@ Link: Thanks again Link

@ Smilie: I do have way too many project :p/tongue.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':p' />" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> I like it though, helps keep things interesting

RedTogusa said:
... It's as if for every hour we have in a day, Belakor has two. ;)/wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I'll let you in on a little secret, I can actually travel through time, but not more than a day into the future ;)/wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />. That's why it's 2pm on Monday the 26th here and why my clock says it's 10pm yesterday in NY... either that or I just have a lot of free time, I like to think it's the first :p/tongue.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':p' />" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

@ Loess: Honestly, from what I've seen so far I think your helmet is looking much nicer than mine... I've purposely avoided close up shots because it's not very pretty right now ;)/wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

@ SKG: Normally I couldn't do anything fancy like that either, but it helps to have a bunch of people that now more about this than me on hand to help out with these builds :)/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Wether I can do something as large as the torso is yet to be seen though.

fightstar said:
... Details in styrene. How are going to make the patterns for this? Did you make reprints of the pepakura models or are you doing this some other way?

I've made some templates using the pep files but I've yet to finish and test them all... once I'm done I'll forward them on to SKG so they can be posted in the ODST thread.

@ Ruze: The V1 chin was a little too detailed for me, I'd much rather my pep pieces be a basic shape that I can detail by hand with styrene and bondo... the folding of the tiny details on HD stuff annoys me too :p/tongue.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':p' />" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> Plus the chin had gotten wet and warped a bit.

@ Ryu: Thanks Ryu

@ in need of MC armor: Thanks

@ Helios: If you're brave enough (or crazy enough) to try that you probably deserve Landfall ODST armor ;)/wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> :p/tongue.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':p' />" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

@ Zaso: Of course, I couldn't leave everyone thinking that the Recon was as good as it was going to get :p/tongue.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':p' />" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

@ WarHead: The helmet isn't too bad, I was always planning on reworking the chin area so it worked out quite well... there's a little too much detail in the pep pieces for my liking, I prefer low-def stuff so I can add what details I need later

Small update, this is day 5 of the build:

Finished folding the thigh, hip plate, middle chest box and the other side chest box a while ago:

th_IMG_1399.jpg th_IMG_1398.jpg

Just resined the middle and side chest boxes:

th_IMG_1500.jpg

Reshaped and started fiberglassing the torso:

th_IMG_1497.jpg th_IMG_1498.jpg

th_IMG_1499.jpg th_IMG_1501.jpg

I reshaped the neck a little, I kept getting my head stuck so I've modified it... I'll probably end up separating the front and back anyway but this way I wont freak out while trying it on

Also, I'm fiberglassing the outside because getting it to stick to the inside of the shoulder area is a massive pain and since I'm smoothing it with bondo I didn't see any problem with it.

That's it for now, I'll finish the fiberglassing of the torso and maybe some smoothing but the rest will wait until I finish some other projects.

hey belakor u know the pep files on the wiki file index that u made,there not numberd and its quite time stakeing ,help???

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back