Believe H3 model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roodkill

I think many of us have either watched during SuperBowl, G4, or Youtubed the Believe commercials at one point or another. The model is of the epic battlefield depicting the "last Battle of New Mombassa" I'm wondering, since this wasn't in the game itself and no one I know thats read the books says this happens, Where does this come into story line at all? It seems like a big waste if all the effort went into it to sell the game if in the end it's not part of the story line. Then again, it was brilliant to sell the game with an epic scene and a 'dead chief'

Well, first and foremost, it was clearly a way-kewl marketing gimmick to help promote the final installment of the series. Very well done and thought out. A lot of effort went into that.

Besides, what with New Mombassa being destroyed by the in-atmosphere hyperspace jump by the Prophet of Regret's capital ship in the second game, who's to say what happened exactly in the final moments of that conflict.

Unless, of course, I'm getting the different Earth cities mixed up, and it was some other city that was destroyed in HALO 2. It's been known to happen before; my memory ain't what it used to be, lol.

Clearly, in the game cinematics, the Master Chief managed to escape with the In Amber Clad, so if you wanted to relate it back to the storyline, the diorama scene depicted in the ad could've taken place a little while prior to that.

And, don't forget... the Master Chief wasn't "dead" in that final shot. Though the Brute holding him clearly thought they had a victory there, he did raise his head and the Plasma Grenade in his hand glowed.

He may have been momentarily knocked unconscious, but he wasn't dead.

No doubt the Master Chief dealt that Brute one helluva @$$-kicking, lol, and then managed to get the hell out of there.

If you really wanted to put it in a plausible context, that's one way to look at it, but I think it's more a matter of personal interpretation than what actually occured. It allows one to use thier imagination in what happened there, and further get them psyched about the final installment of the series.

That would be my take on that scene, anyway... :D

I was really disappointed that epic battle wasn't in the game. I wanted to be in the center with hundreds of marines and brutes/hunters fighting. That was my ideal game play but ya I think it was just to market it or maybe it happened before the real chief landed. The one that the brute was holding was another spartan committing suicided or something on that brute. Who know all spartan look alike? That battle lead to the marine base where everyone was injured (beginning of game).

ODST-RAGE said:
I was really disappointed that epic battle wasn't in the game. I wanted to be in the center with hundreds of marines and brutes/hunters fighting. That was my ideal game play but ya I think it was just to market it or maybe it happened before the real chief landed. The one that the brute was holding was another spartan committing suicided or something on that brute. Who know all spartan look alike? That battle lead to the marine base where everyone was injured (beginning of game).

BOLD # 1: I definately agree. More than anything else, it was just a very complex marketing ploy.

BOLD # 2: Oops... guess I did get the Earth cities mixed up between the last two games. My bad... :p lol

Last edited by a moderator:
The uprise comics show that the MC let himself be captured and played dead so that he could kill the chieftain with the grenade.

ODST-RAGE said:
The one that the brute was holding was another spartan committing suicided or something on that brute. Who know all spartan look alike?

The only problem with that theory is that all the other Spartans (that we know that are alive) are on Onyx in the shield/core room.

Xavier said:
The uprise comics show that the MC let himself be captured and played dead so that he could kill the chieftain with the grenade.

that is the right, book answer.

Xavier said:
that is the right, book answer.

I've read this as well, and I think there was some mention to it in the cinematics with the "war veterans"... But I can't remember.

baileyboys said:
The only problem with that theory is that all the other Spartans (that we know that are alive) are on Onyx in the shield/core room.
im prity sure that the sheild/core room was just a slip slace portal to the ark. i just re-read that book there the other day and the discriptions they give are prity simmilar. and its VERY plausable that hasley wasnt sure and got it wrong when she said that they were still in the core of onyx. she isnt 100% familure with forerunner tech afterall.

anyway, back on subject, yea, i was very dissapointed when that scene wasnt in the game. :( i could totaly see him stuffing the grenade into the brute's mouth, being dropped and picking up the cheiften's hammer after he explodes. the he goes all out on the covvies around him which finishes with *dang it* i cant find it,its the pic of the cheif with the grav hammer standing ontop of lots of brute and grunt bodies.

While i would have loved to play through that fight in the game (as most people would have) I think your over thinking why or when it was. It was SO cool that it doesn't need to fit in with the story, and i think it was more about the marines than the MC, to give people a slightly different perspective on the fight against the covenant.
and if you go through it it has some really good reference pictures for both marine and Mk VI armor.

Ok, i may be VERY wrong but i recall Dr. Halsey saying that there were 3 SPARTANS MIA when she came across Kurt and she figured that out of the other 2 MIA that one was actually dead. so the SPARTAN in "believe" at the end might have been the one last MIA SPARTAN??????????????// lol im most likely very wrong, dont get mad at me!

Thanks for all your input! I haven't read the uprising Halo comics,
but I would tend to agree with the idea that this was just a very tempting
hook to bate ALL of us. I too am disapointed that I never got to
shove a grenade up that Brute's (fill in blank).
Here's a 3D walk through of the model itself: Believe

flying_squirl said:
im prity sure that the sheild/core room was just a slip slace portal to the ark. i just re-read that book there the other day and the discriptions they give are prity simmilar. and its VERY plausable that hasley wasnt sure and got it wrong when she said that they were still in the core of onyx. she isnt 100% familure with forerunner tech afterall.

anyway, back on subject, yea, i was very dissapointed when that scene wasnt in the game. :( i could totaly see him stuffing the grenade into the brute's mouth, being dropped and picking up the cheiften's hammer after he explodes. the he goes all out on the covvies around him which finishes with *dang it* i cant find it,its the pic of the cheif with the grav hammer standing ontop of lots of brute and grunt bodies.
but forunners do have a knack for making things look similar.

Argue about the specifics all you want. All I have to say is that was a FANTASTIC model and a lot of attention to detail went into that.

Kudos to the build team and their awesome awesomness!

Xavier said:

Well, I haven't had a chance to read that one yet myself (completely forgot to get a copy myself, lol), but that sounds the most reasonable to me, considering it's based on established written/illustrated HALO material... :whistle:

Spartan137 said:
Argue about the specifics all you want. All I have to say is that was a FANTASTIC model and a lot of attention to detail went into that.

Kudos to the build team and their awesome awesomness!

I wholeheartedly agree, my fellow SPARTAN! (y) (couldn't find just a nodding emoticon, lol)

however i remeber that Halsey said that the are they were in was a terrestrial but the size of their solar system or bigger. i dont rember the ark being that big but it is still possible.

You know until I got the correct book version I just always thought of it as more metaphorical than a scene that really hapenned.

It's not unusuall for cultures to alter storys about war and history.

Technically the chief did sacrifice himself for the survival of mankind. (as far as everyone knows) So maybe they constructed that scene to show the turning point and the importance and sacrifice of master chief to the human species.
That's just what I thought till I got the official version.

On the topic of the shield world... I dont believe that the shield world warped them to the ark I think it is a slipspace holding room for the forrunners. Besides the ark was destroyed and we never saw the spartans in game 3.
My belief is that the re-constructed ring from the ark was activitaved and fired - which activated Shield world, which also explains all the drones leaving the ark in game 3. (they were going to shield world to protect the inhabitants). Skipping to the end of game 3 where cortona doesn't know where they are and it shows them drifting to a sparkly dark planet, I believe is shield world. So my thoughts are - we may get a game or some literature soon that deals with Master Chief reuniting with the other spartans and fighting something... maybe some rogue covenant who didn't get the white flag messages or maybe even forerunners.

Just my thoughts

Halsey said that the Diameter of the Micro-Dyson sphere was aproxamatly 2 AUs (12 billion miles or somethin).

And I don't find it surprising at all that people living after the war would put so much effort into building such an incredibly detailed monument to the final Earth battle. I mean, it was the first inter-species war we fought and we were a sliver away from being glassed.

Here's a little bit of trivia for you....
The freeze frame explosions were made by vacuum forming thin plastic over cauliflower .

NZ-TK said:
Here's a little bit of trivia for you....
The freeze frame explosions were made by vacuum forming thin plastic over cauliflower .

I will try that..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back