"Best" place to start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom117

Jr Member
Ive read that there isnt a right or wrong place to start assembling the pepakura, but after having a go at a gun assembly i have noticed it might had been better if id had assembled it a little differently therefore im looking at starting the MK VII Helm sometime this week and was wondering if anyone would give me some advice on where to start. Is it better to start at the top and work your way down or from bottom to top or work front to back or back to front?

is it better to assemble it it parts and then fix them together ? like assemble the back half and front half and then join them together?

Tom

To be honest, it depends on the glue you are using, and the shape of the helmet. I recommend going from the top down, as would many people on this forum would. Just think about trying to get glue into the inside visor area with the helmet assembled:eek I like to assemble it in different parts becaues it makes me feel like i have done more progress than i actually have:rolleyes But that is just a matter of opinion. Good luck

There's really no official way, at least none that I've heard of, to start pepping a helmet. Personally, I started at the helmet opening just to make sure that my head would have enough room to fit through. Then I'd start to build it up around the sides just to see how it would start fitting. But honestly, you can start from top to bottom and vice versa. It's really up to you. Good luck on your build!

Edd_454 said it best, there is really no wrong place to start. I usually find the largest piece of the project, start there, then branch off in different directions. I tend to build symmetrically while I do it as well. Just take some time with it and you'll be fine :)

thank you for the suggestions ill be sure to blog my progress ! :) bit OT but theres that many files does anyone know if there are HD MK VI armour files for Pepakura?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back