Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not been anounced yet...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SparTom007

Jr Member
2007 was reknowned as the year that this generation of gaming consoles finally started to truly deliver on the promises of their release with great new IPs such as Bioshock, Mass Effect and Skate and also great sequels or spinoffs such as Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Half Life 2: The Orange Box and Halo 3. All of these games brought new innnovation in controls, graphics and storytelling techniques to modern gaming and critics exclaimed that this flourishing endeavour of top-rated titles could not last long! However months on and we have some of the highest critically acclaimed games in decades such as Grand Theft Auto IV and Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots which were both rated 10/10 from IGN.com! Although not many online or offline gaming magazines or communities have noticed this, I believe that not only could this year repeat last year's great lineup, not only beat it but become one of the best years for the entertainment industry period!! Not only do we have two 10 rated games out now but titles such as Spore, Gears of War 2, Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway, Soul Calibur IV, Too Human, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Mercenaries 2: World In Flames, Fable 2, Fallout III, Far Cry 2, Halo Wars, Ghostbusters: The Video Game, Tom Clancy's: EndWar, Splinter Cell: Conviction, WET, Saints Row 2, Sonic Unleashed, Dead Space, Huxley, Mirror's Edge, Prince Of Persia, This Is Vegas, Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe, Tiberium, Tomb Raider: Underworld and Lord of the Rings: Conquest all coming out on xbox 360 later this year I think we can start hoping logically!!

Please answer the poll above and below say exactly what you think, what games your are looking forward to (even after 2008) and above all, why?

I think this year will beat it with many more great new IPs and I think there are more sleeper titles underneath the pile above to be anounced or found! This year I am looking forward to Gears 2 and Fable 2 as I wasn't a fan of the previous titles but they look amazing now!! I am also looking forward to Resi 5 because the first time I played Resi 4 was the Wii version this year and its my favourite game ever!!

Fallout III is going to be a solid 10 for sure! I frecking loved Fallout I and II, and the demo looked simply AWESOME.

Dead Space=pWn
Huxley=Maybe pWn
The Force Unleashed=pWn
Tiberium=pWn
SC: Conviction=pWn
Ghostbusters=unlikely but has a chance pWn

Ill decide when some good games start coming out :cautious:
Fallout III was banned in Aus... but there a petition and most of the gaming community is outraged, so we should get it back. I don't think it will beat 2007, that was such a good year for the gamer.

baileyboys said:
Halo Wars comes out in 2009, saddly.

I know, wishful thinking really :( but at least there are other things!

I tried the demo of too human btw, and to be honest, I thought it sucked! I am not a big RPG fan but love action RPGs like Oblivion and Mass Effect (same dev as too human) but this was awful. You don't control the combat at all! The camera is terrible, the graphics are great on environments but rubbish for all NPCs except the guys in cutscenes with closeups! The story is scrambled and although easy to make sense of, it makes no sense overall! This could have been great! It might just be my dislike of more classical styled RPGs or something but unless IGN reviews it over 9 then I will never have it on my maybe list!

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I think Spore is going to be another 10 rated game because it is just looking amazing and has received amazing pre/reviews (creature creator) and I have seen countless dev walkthroughs and interviews with GENIUS Will Wright and other members of the dev team and it looks amazing! The only problem is, my laptop has 1Ghz of speed :cry: so I am saving up for a decent PC ASAP!! I havent even tried the creature creator :cry: I also need to get a mobile (cell) phone first and thats more money gone!! After that I want to get rock band or something!

OH YEAH: More to the list of possible greats: Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero: (two more sequels of which I cannot remember the names of) and Lips (microsoft singstar basically)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dreadnought of Fury said:
Yea Too human did suck :(
Damn! I was hoping that would be good after I found my fandom for Bioware with Mass Effect being my 2nd favourite game of all time!! Oh well, they better not screw up (<resisting urge to curse) Mass Effect 2 or I will have to (resisting urges) kill them... I can say that on the forums, right?

Hear they are making KOTOR into a MMO? :p
Where did you hear that? They are making Dragon Age: Origins at the moment and then they are making Mass Effect 2 I think...

10 rated games to come this year: Spore (definitely), Fable 2 (maybe) and Huxley (maybe)!!

EDIT: I almost forgot Fallout III could be a 10 rated game :oops:

It was confirmed by EA that Bioware is working on a MMO, and it is centered in the Star Wars Universe, maybe not KOTOR but it is defiantly a possibility. Didn't mean to get yea excited :p.

It was confirmed by EA that Bioware is working on a MMO, and it is centered in the Star Wars Universe, maybe not KOTOR but it is defiantly a possibility. Didn't mean to get yea excited :p.
I never got the chance to play KOTOR but I know its supposed to be one of the best RPGs ever so I hope they at least remkake it or release it on xbox originals or something like that!

KOTOR is the best IMO, but a lot of people are impatient and complained that the game was too slow-paced (Turn-based). The Voice Acting is great, the models don't look too too bad for today, the combat system is brilliant, the story is fantastic, the effects of your actions actually depend on who stays with you and what happens to the world, (Ex: Kill someone important or turn dark, some light characters will leave you.) pretty much everything about this game is worthy of getting it. If you can just get it for PC, because I know that the game doesn't run....very well on the 360 compatibility right now.

Bioware=Bestz RPG
Blizzard=Bestz RTS
Capcom=Bestz Fighter
Valve=Bestz FPS
Bungie=Bestz Multi-player
Naughty Dog/Insomniac=Best Adverture

Bioware=Bestz RPG
Blizzard=Bestz RTS
Capcom=Bestz Fighter
Valve=Bestz FPS
Bungie=Bestz Multi-player
Naughty Dog/Insomniac=Best Adverture

Gotta disagree there!

Bioware yeah maybe but Bethesda is close too! Blizzard, no way! Either Age Of Empires or Command & Conquer for me (not played any total war games yet, I have rome total war but my laptop cant play it!) valve = NO! Half life 2 bored the hell outta me! Best FPSs come from either Bungie or Infinity Ward! Best Multiplayer again is the same as FPSs. Best Adventure games I will disagree again and it is not close, im afraid zelda wins anyday! best platformers are mario or ratchet & clank. Best 3rd person shooters are by capcom and ubisoft (gears sucked for me but 2 looks nice)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back