Beware xbox live

Status
Not open for further replies.
if any of you have received game invites from people that are not your friends and or friend request i advice you to not accept those games, some hackers have found ways to send virus's through online gaming my friend most recently bought a new 360 because his was destroyed by a hacking idiot so just a warning.

What kind of hacking? I imagine, though I don't claim to be a tech wiz, that it would be nigh impossible to "hack" a console.

That might exlpain why my 360 freezes up and got the Ring of Death. Some random guy asked to be my friend after I had a slayer match with him and I accepted.

Angels and Ministers if Grace, Defend Us!!! (Hamlet: Act 1 Scene III Line 20)

I'll chase him round Good Hope, and round the Horn, and round the Norway Maelstrom, and round perdition's flames before I give him up!!! (Moby Dick Chapter 36)

He may have other Tags, but his name was St Jimmy 201

Spartan-419 said:
What kind of hacking? I imagine, though I don't claim to be a tech wiz, that it would be nigh impossible to "hack" a console.

Not really hacking a console, but the Xbox Live network ;).

That might exlpain why my 360 freezes up and got the Ring of Death. Some random guy asked to be my friend after I had a slayer match with him and I accepted.

Angels and Ministers if Grace, Defend Us!!! (Hamlet: Act 1 Scene III Line 20)

I'll chase him round Good Hope, and round the Horn, and round the Norway Maelstrom, and round perdition's flames before I give him up!!! (Moby Dick Chapter 36)

He may have other Tags, but his name was St Jimmy 201

That does help knowing his tag, but as you said, he probably has others.

I myself do not have Xbox Live, but as I said, beware, for they could get to you there just as they could through your computer, seeing as it is still the internet...

Last edited by a moderator:
Gravemind said:
If my 360 is hooked up to a wireless router, could it spread the virus to my other computers?

hmm, I do not think so, because they do not have the file on it, unless it is transferred some other way, but just do not hook your Xbox up to your computer, lol, but other than that, you should be safe ;)

I just spoke with a member of the Microsoft Tech Department, and they said the whole virus thing is not true.

Ask them if they are sure... Then ask for Bill Gates... :p... Tell them your his nephew... Lol... :p...

Macattack64 said:
Ask them if they are sure... Then ask for Bill Gates... :p... Tell them your his nephew... Lol... :p...

Hmm.. Some guy named CashAddict asked me to be hisfriend.. wonder if hes a hacker

I would think it would be better to be safe than sorry. I think if everyone called about the whole virus issue, they might start an investigation and find out for sure.

1 425 635 7180

Wow... SO glad I didn't accept that friend request from internalhaxor365. Thanks, thisismadness2!

internalhaxor?

You would EVER accept a friend request froms omeone like that?

By the way, I tend not to accept any friend requests unless I know who the person is. I also do not accept game invites unless I know who it is or the person was in a previous match.

Having only been on Xbox Live for 10 minutes when the request was made, I had no idea anything could happen from simply accapting a friend request.

If your Xbox was destroyed by hacking, wouldn't you be entitled to a replacement one considering xbox live failed to protect you?

Cnogoman said:
If your Xbox was destroyed by hacking, wouldn't you be entitled to a replacement one considering xbox live failed to protect you?

HMM... good point..., but since Xbox is denying it, your chances of getting a replacement are slim...

Friendly said:
Wow... SO glad I didn't accept that friend request from internalhaxor365. Thanks, thisismadness2!

no problem man ijsut dint wanna see any of u guys loose a big part of your life which is ur xbox360

It deoent matter the cause. The tech support guy said that if the 360 was irreparable, I would get a referbrished one. I would like to pay extra to get a halo 360 instead, if mine really is KIA. If I can.

Gravemind said:
It deoent matter the cause. The tech support guy said that if the 360 was irreparable, I would get a referbrished one. I would like to pay extra to get a halo 360 instead, if mine really is KIA. If I can.
every now and then i would get friend invites or some one would try to send me a picture or something. I was always skeptical cause they would be from people i hadent even played with recently. Im glad that i never accepted either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back