Birthday Partys

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka5p3r

Ok im sure this has happen to a few people, but at the midnight release for ODST a women asked if i would be willing to do her 8 year old sons birthday party and my wife told her sure i was not srue what to charge it was only going to be acouple hours from i think like 12 to 3. has anyone else had someone ask for this too yet? It kinda suprised me i had never had that happen before.

Yeah, I will charge $100 per hour for my stormtrooper partys once I start. and people pay! I have seen the worst costumes get hired for $100 per hour.

Wow a hundred bucks!?! I was going to say 12 an hour but that just shows how much of a stupid 8th grader I am (I walk my neibors dog and babysit neither pay much)

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
Isn't it illegal to make a profit with IPs of Microsoft?

Well, we sell IPs of Microsoft on here so using it for a profit wouldn't be so bad I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
I play the bagpipes for parties and whatnot (kinda the same thing :p) and I charge about $100 an hour as well. For an 8 year-old's party though, I don't know if the parents would wanna pay that much.

My nieghbor paid me 50 bucks to come cut open a piniata with my katana for his 10 year old son's party. No joke. lol, his son had a "ninja" party... :pCrazy what people will pay for these things.

btw, we took safety precautions with the sword, don't worry :p

Overlord_Ian said:
My nieghbor paid me 50 bucks to come cut open a piniata with my katana for his 10 year old son's party. No joke. lol, his son had a "ninja" party... :pCrazy what people will pay for these things.

btw, we took safety precautions with the sword, don't worry :p

:eek

i wish i was at that party!

diaryboy said:
:eek

i wish i was at that party!

Haha It was a hit with the kiddos for sure, the dad said to them that he hired a "real ninja" to appear at the party. I've only taken kendo, so I know how to hold a sword, but I'm no ninja :pBut I don't think kids really care, lol!

They're kids, they won't notice. :pSome children of my coworkers are convinced I'm a Jedi because I have stage fighting lessons and a nice looking replica lightsaber hanging on the wall at my desk.

I'd say go for the party. Start at $100 an hour, and if they don't agree to that, start lowering the price. :pAs for copyright issues, I don't know if it will be an issue, you're not technically selling MS IP stuff, you're being paid to appear somewhere, and you just happen to be wearing an ODST outfit. :p

Well if you want to make a fair estimate, you could look at it this way. You could consider the possible cost of wear and tear on the suit you might endure. Cost of gas to the location. Consider all things that could go with appearing at the party and charge 1.5x or 2x that. If I was asked to do such a thing, that's how I'd figure it out.

Either way, I know I won't ever pay $100 dollars/hour for an entertainer for my future kid's birthday parties.

Negotiate! times are tough on people nowadays, so work something out, make it worth everyones wild, and see if the parents might try to get you other gigs at other b-day parties. First round goes to good impression, after that work on the cash. You got to spend it to make it....

I did 3 birthdays 30 min each last summer as optimus prime each gig paid $100 I also did 2 parades that paid $100 each so $100 is not that steep people will pay for a great costume

I thought 100 for all three hours a a decent price thats why i said ok. I am also finishing up another helmet, im doing the soulassain split Hyabussa helmet with out the top spikes i should have it finished pepped and resigned sunday they next week while im at work im going to rondo it and try that out and premiering it at the party. i think it loosk good on its own

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back