BLACKULA727's Noobtastic Halo 3 Recon Helmet WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's... scary o_O

That all expanding foam?

Also, I'd just like to say tha recon helmetlooks adass WITHOUT being pained. Like, crazy badass!
Yes swift, this is all expanding foam, which I then carved with a kitchen knife. The shape came out pretty good (Some minor tweaks needed). Thanks for the comments regarding the Recon helm. This reminds me, I need to finish it already. Good luck on your project!

Great recon, I'm loving the progress.

As for the DP Helm, that's a groovin' idea.

That movie blew my mind.
Thank you, I can’t wait to finish the Recon. So, I can concentrate on the DP Helm, I’m trying to use some of the same technique as Volpin Props used on his Helmet. We'll see where this goes.

sweet job on the recon and the DP helmet looks like its starting off well.
Thank you K_Kid4life. I’m trying. I really like the whole building replica helmets hobby. Can’t wait to try the expanding foam idea on future builds.

So here is somewhat of an update. I’m pretty much finished with prep on the recon (spot putty), just need to buy primer & paint on Tuesday. After that I’m going to try and paint this recon. Until then, here are a couple pics of the recon and a couple other things I’m currently working on. Keep building 405th.

From left to right: Daughters ODST, Scratch Build Daft Punk, Carter/Commando, & H3/Reach Recon
DumbProjects.jpg

And a special pic of my face photo shopped on to Richard Simmons body (Old picture of me sporting the mexican mustache/Goatie)
22078_1224230729463_1339849347_30553576_4473339_n.jpg

Attachments

• DumbProjects.jpg
    DumbProjects.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 22078_1224230729463_1339849347_30553576_4473339_n.jpg
    22078_1224230729463_1339849347_30553576_4473339_n.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 81
All the helmets look great, that commando helm looks like its going to be fantastic.

Thanks Hush! I appreciate the comment. You should see the Cammando now. I haven’t made a thread yet, but I will as soon as I get it a little further. I’ve kind of neglected the recon because of it. But I will still finish the Recon. However, I’m scraping the Daft Punk helmet. It was my second attempt, but the shape is wrong. Will start a third one in a few, but I want to complete the Recon & the Commando first.

Thanks guys, I really need to finish it. I've been so caught up with the commando helm. BTW Hollywood, you avatar pic looks like it's about to go down. Is that an army of two mask? Whatever it is, it looks sick!

Thanks guys, I really need to finish it. I've been so caught up with the commando helm. BTW Hollywood, you avatar pic looks like it's about to go down. Is that an army of two mask? Whatever it is, it looks sick!

Why thank you Sir!
It's one of the cactus hobbies AO2 masks designed for airsoft. Did a little custom painting.

all your things are looking pretty great! looking forward to seeing everything finished and in a single shot pic!

Congratulations, you've done an excellent so far ...

a question ...

the transparent layer, is fiberglass?

which is the white paste that you placed after fiberglass?

must be sanded?

what materials to use for the visor?

Thanks hope you can help me answering my questions, so follow,
doing a beautiful job

Oh my goodness... that recon iz BEAUTIFUL! Thats quite a lot of helmets you got there... But the recon is just SUPERB! Keep it up!

OMG! Sorry guys. I've terribly neglected this thread. I will be completed this helmet as soon as I move into my new place. I haven't really been excited about it for a while. The helmet is a tad to big (this was my first). I know how to scale properly now. Also, I want to thank each and everyone of you for keeping this thread on life support.

Congratulations, you've done an excellent so far ...

a question ...

the transparent layer, is fiberglass?

Yes

which is the white paste that you placed after fiberglass?

Epoxy Putty

must be sanded?

I sanded everything except the visor

what materials to use for the visor?

Motorcycle visor

Thanks hope you can help me answering my questions, so follow,
doing a beautiful job

OMG! Sorry guys. I've terribly neglected this thread. I will be completed this helmet as soon as I move into my new place. I haven't really been excited about it for a while. The helmet is a tad to big (this was my first). I know how to scale properly now. Also, I want to thank each and everyone of you for keeping this thread on life support.

Hi thanks for answering my questions so quickly!

amm only forgeting to put 1 more question ...

Download the hull Recon (Recon Helmet Smooth V2.pdo) must
scale to have a good size? or just print it so?

Thanks again I hope your answer!

Really awesome job, man! That looks awesome! I have two questions for you.

1. What height did you scale this?
2. How tall are you?

I only ask because I tried to do a Recon helmet several months ago and it was way too small. I would prefer not to make the same mistake twice. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back