Props Blacrose's Sniper Rifle W.i.p.

What would be the best finishing paint job?

• Desert Camo (browns)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pink Camo, seriously

• Black and Grey

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlacRoseImmortal

Kellys Favorite Up-To-Date Picture of the Week:

DSC01455.jpg

*More on page 25*

Sniper Rifle Details:

Overall Length: 55 3/4 Inches (4 Feet, 7 3/4 Inches)

Barrell: 23 Inches

Overall Height: 10 Inches (that is with the bridge thingy over the scope, from the ground)

Body Height: 7 Inches (from the ground)

Body Width: 2 1/2 Inches (the main body, not including the "legs")

Last edited by a moderator:
have you tryed looking for other people that have made the sniper I thought some one had made a sniper rifle but I can't remember who. try looking in the gallery.

I looked through all the gallery pics but all i can find is the halo 3 sniper rifle, and progress without reference pics is doable but its gonna be slow work. Ill post pictures once i have a reconizable piece started lol.

Unfortunately, from what I've found there's very little reference material for the Sniper Rifle. Believe me, I tried looking everywhere, lol. As popular as that particular weapon is, for whatever reason no one's ever compiled a bunch of reference pics to use for it...

Nope... that's a common misconception, but there are some very obvious differences/changes in the design of both...

totally, ok. well when i get home from work (2 hours) ill get to work on it and see if i can get a few pieces together. ill post my progress at the end of tonight. Im gonna keep look for h2 SR pics and i hope someone will be able to find somethign useable for me

AHHHHHHHHH! I think im gonna give up on this rifle, its such a pain in the ass and its a bit outta my league. i just spent 2 days workin on the 33" Barrel and i thought that wiould be the easy part, holy hell im so frustrated!!!!! :mad:

Anyway here is the finished Barrel, i know its not straight so dont rub it in, please:

It looks like a good start I would not give up on it so soon. I'm building a grav. hammer out of WOOD and It is reely hard. but so far I have the handle done and now starting on the head but the measage is don't give up.

thanks for the support. i think im gonna give it a rest for a day or two so i can catch up on some much needed butt-kicking on h3 Matchmakin :p

Ill post more pics of the finished pieces as i go along, i think ill just keep this thread alive by my SR updates.

Yeah, I'd definately agree with Spartain 118; just keep at it.

I've been there more than once myself, almost with every scratch-build project I've ever done (and that's a lot, lol).

Often times, I'll start working on something, at some point get frustrated with all the effort and/or result of my work, but as I keep going with it my opinion of it gets better. In the end, I'm always very pleased with it.

It sometimes just takes more time and effort than we expect, is all.

Despite your personal critique of your work thus far, I think it looks good. Besides, you can always work it a bit to get the barrel straighter if that really bothers you.

Looking forward to more progress with this, BRI... ;)

From what I understand, she's working on putting together the base Pep model for now, but is in dire need of some decent ref pics of the HALO 2 Sniper Rifle so she can properly detail it.

So, even if she manages to get the Pep file all put together sometime soon, until she gets some reference material she won't really be able to do much else with it. Only as she makes more progress will she actually update this thread... :whistle:

aww Spartan II your so sweet :]

I have worked on it abit but ill post pics tonight when i get a few more thigns done to it. i just realized how freakin big this thing is gonna be...... its already 55" long...thats like 4 feet and somethign. but i will keep you updated. and as for pictures i found my H2 so i guess im just gonna use pause to get some decent reference shots, haggard i know. lol

BlacRoseImmortal said:
aww Spartan II your so sweet :]

I have worked on it abit but ill post pics tonight when i get a few more thigns done to it. i just realized how freakin big this thing is gonna be...... its already 55" long...thats like 4 feet and somethign. but i will keep you updated. and as for pictures i found my H2 so i guess im just gonna use pause to get some decent reference shots, haggard i know. lol

Heh... well, just trying to help out where I can ;)

I too was thinking that may be the best way for me to get some decent reference material on some of these HALO weapons; just play and then pause, lol.

Not exactly the easiest way to go about it, but probably the most effective way to get the reference material I want/need.

Looking forward to you posting those pics later... :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back