Blood type for dogtags-should I be concerned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mumgoot

Hey,

I've been wanting to order some dogtags from this website:Purchase generic ambien in canada - Online Drug Store. Best Prices! and I want to make a custom UNSC-themed set with a blood type on it. I don't know my blood type, and if I do a marine or odst build I want the blood type barcode for my armor as well (in addition to the tags which I plan on wearing casually and not just at cons).

Question is, should I have my real blood type just in case something terrible happens and someone is literal enough to go by the label on my science fiction video game armor (or my dogtags), or I should I just be good to take my pick (blood type O always sounded cool to me) and not worry about it?

I can just buy a blood typing kit for $10 bucks off amazon, so I can do that as well.

Obviously not a big thing, but I thought it was an entertaining question, and I would still like some advice.

Thanks!

Hmm.... what the heck? I don't know why link is a drug store ad. I clicked it and it went to the dog tag website so I guess it works.... really confused.

Question is, should I have my real blood type just in case something terrible happens and someone is literal enough to go by the label on my science fiction video game armor (or my dogtags)

If by some awful circumstances you are involved in an accident or incident while in Costume, Emegency Response Crews would never, ever, give you blood based on a piece of you costume.

The standard response from Emergency Response Crews is to always give O- blood until they can get a sample of yours, confirm type, and then they switch over to your specific type. In the actual military they might go by your dog tags without typing you first, but even then it is usually O- that is stocked and the first thing given. In a civilian setting they would not trust a dog tag you were wearing, or at least any self respecting Crew that was worth their salt would not, because they have no idea if that dog tag actually belongs to you, if it is someone else's that you wear in rememberance or something like that.

Even in the military you will have stories of guys who get their Blood Type tattooed on their bodies or write it on a piece of duct tape that they put on their boot or their gear, and if you talk to an actual self respecting Medic they will tell you, O first, we don't trust what some guy wrote, we trust the test kit.

Second^

It's still a really cool idea, and it's entirely up to you. I myself would do my personal blood type, but I'm a stickler for that kind of thing sometimes.

Yeah, that fact kind of bugged me too. I don't mind terribly having a fake blood type, but its just not the same. Not to mention, if I did get my blood type at some point and my guess was wrong then I would want to order another set.:p

If by some awful circumstances you are involved in an accident or incident while in Costume, Emegency Response Crews would never, ever, give you blood based on a piece of you costume.

The standard response from Emergency Response Crews is to always give O- blood until they can get a sample of yours, confirm type, and then they switch over to your specific type. In the actual military they might go by your dog tags without typing you first, but even then it is usually O- that is stocked and the first thing given. In a civilian setting they would not trust a dog tag you were wearing, or at least any self respecting Crew that was worth their salt would not, because they have no idea if that dog tag actually belongs to you, if it is someone else's that you wear in rememberance or something like that.

Even in the military you will have stories of guys who get their Blood Type tattooed on their bodies or write it on a piece of duct tape that they put on their boot or their gear, and if you talk to an actual self respecting Medic they will tell you, O first, we don't trust what some guy wrote, we trust the test kit.

Woah, those are some good points. I didn't know (I think I read it sometime ago and forgot) that there is a "default blood" that they can just give to anyone. I thought it had to be a perfect match or your blood cells will eat each other!

So it sounds like I should be okay. At any rate, I'm not really that worried about bleeding out while in costume anyway, just kind of wanted to know what the best thing to do is.

Thanks for the help!

Do the route I did. Go donate blood for the sake of a costume.

I gave blood for the first time to get the proper shoulder tally plate for my ODST and have given routinely since. Went there for the costume, kept going back for the cookies.

Yeah, I thought about that too. Not sure if I would want to go through all of that though just to have accurate tags. Like it's a good thing, but it would be hard saying, "hey mom can you take me to a blood drive, so I can have accurate UNSC dog tags with my actual blood type so that it won't keep me up a night wondering, and wondering, and wondering...":D

If I was older though, I would think about doing it. (y) Thanks for the help!

Update: So I actually just went ahead and bought a blood typing kit off Amazon. I just did the test today a few hours ago. If I did everything correctly, I'm A+. Thanks for the help everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back