BluSpartan's Neck Seal and Undersuit Progression

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluSpartan

So I'm new (n00B), and decided to take up a little sewing to develop my undersuit as a base. The posted photos are of version 1, version 2 will be refined hopefully next week. Would love any input, put please bare in mind I learned to sew while making this neck seal.

Thanks for looking! :D

necksealfront.jpg
necksealside.jpg

necksealback.jpg

neckseal1.jpg

Hey BluSpartan! welcome. Saw the tag neck seal and clicked on your thread hoping to see some pics (YAY!) but instead I'm looking at html code (AWWW!). Hit EDIT then Try editing your post in "advanced edit" and linking the pics directly rather than embedding them. At least for now. Your project sounds great

Don't woryy I had the same problem.
****never mind***

Wow great job on that neck seal. It's so nice seeing people go all-out on a detail that most people overlook entirely. I particularly like how it looks like it just drapes over the back of the shoulders. Do you have any patterns you wouldn't mind sharing?

I did make a pattern as I went, however this is more or less a "rough draft". Thank you for the comment, and if I do make a public template I will post here or donate to the 405th staff.

Great job on that neck seal. What material did you use? I was thinking of doing something similar but gutting an old wetsuit so it wouldn't need a zipper

Wicked neck seal man! I am just waiting to get some time and ill be working on my own.

Can't wait to see the final!

That looks GREAT - I think that a template is definately in order... ;)

How high up the neck does it go? It looks like it's fairly high. My undersuit is definately the weakest link and this may inspire to finally get off my butt and get working on it.

Nice job!

Thank you DogWizard, though I will not make a template until version 2. The neck goes all the way up just past the jaw line and is built to stay fairly stationary while you have full range of neck motion. Now..... back to the drawing board to finish V2.

Simply amazing. I am definitely going this route for an undersuit. After seeing Devin from Blue Realms, and Adams, who wouldn't, right. :)

Your helmet is very good too, by the way, very good detailing.

****, well Im jealous. Way to go, I thought that was the finished product, not the rough draft xD Again gratz.

One little thing Id critique, and its stylistic not an actual problem. Would you want to bring that in tighter at the neck so that you can look down and it will move with your neck, as opposed to losing your mouth in the top of it? The other thing I wanna say is I hope you don't overheat in all that leather(?) :p It looks awesome btw. (BTW off topic but the helmet looks frikkin sweet too, what did you make it out of?)

****, well Im jealous. Way to go, I thought that was the finished product, not the rough draft xD Again gratz.

One little thing Id critique, and its stylistic not an actual problem. Would you want to bring that in tighter at the neck so that you can look down and it will move with your neck, as opposed to losing your mouth in the top of it? The other thing I wanna say is I hope you don't overheat in all that leather(?) :p It looks awesome btw. (BTW off topic but the helmet looks frikkin sweet too, what did you make it out of?)

Thanks for the comment, Though having the spacing and height I have keeps the air flow more open. As for covering your mouth when you look down, you are correct. I choose to deal with the minium mouth coverage during down movements to gain less vinyl touching skin. I am currently in the process of version 2 and love having concerns brought to my attention. Thanks Dark Star.

I love it, that's very similar to what I have in mind for my own undersuit. Great to see some inspiration :)

I assume you're using a sewing machine, right?

YES!!!! Finally another under-suit! It looks great so far. More people need to do these, cuz MJOLNIR without an under-suit is really only half done.

*jealous AGAIN*

you didnt do that yourself did you? 0_0 tell me your machine has some sort of automatic function for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back