.bmp to pdo files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azimuth

This May have been answered somewhere but I wasn’t able to find it. Is there any way to make a bmp file into a pdo file so I can use it in Pepakura?
I have a set of files for the Halo Reach UNSC Army BDUs But they are all bmp files and I can’t use those in Pepakura for scaling and all that. Can anyone help out.
Much Obliged

I think .BMPs are like .jpeg in that they are more 2D, so there's no easy way to convert it into a 3D .PDO file. Someone with more file conversion experience can hopefully confirm?

I know that the Army Trooper entry:
Halo: Reach - UNSC Army
Just has all those .BMP files. I believe you should be able to open them in Photoshop or even Paint, in there you can scale up or down before printing it.

Now, the UNSC Marine and Army Troopers do share the same gear in Reach, and our Marine Entry in the The Armory as the Helmet, Chest, and Shins, and the Army Trooper has a .pdo for the Chest/Back/Belt/Ab/Cod all in one hidden among the .bmps. The Marine entry also has several .OBJs for the unfolded pieces, the shoulders, back pack, accessories, and all, and .objs should be easier to convert to .pdos using 3-d modeling software.

Confirming Cadet is correct. You will not be able to place a .bmp file back into pepakura as it is a 2d raster image. Pepakura only deals in polygonal geometry.

To scale outside of pepakura would need to be done in a paint software.

Azimuth how complex are the files? It might not be too bad to print, measure and then scale from the files you have.

Azimuth how complex are the files? It might not be too bad to print, measure and then scale from the files you have.
So, from what I can tell each individual piece is printed out on .jpeg or .bmp files and the only pdo file is the full chest. So pretty much all that is left are like the shoulders and thighs. But it looks like I can print them all out and stick em together, it's just gonna take some mathing to figure out the scale for each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back