Bondo in Australia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aarku

Ok.. so I went down to Bunnings Warehouse in search for Bondo, they have never heard of it before.

I told them what I was using it for and I ended up leaving with this
http://www.selleys.com.au/putty/filling/special

This is fairly frustrating to apply.. you put on a some here and some there.. then go to smooth out this one part and you rip a big chunk of it off instead... lol

So I am assuming I got the wrong stuff?

Does anyone know another name for Bondo or what the most common brand is in Australia?

The stuff your looking for is "Bog" its the same as bondo. I'm not 100% on this but, I don't think the putty is really going to work out. Also if they still don't know its body-filler that your looking for in automotive. :D

Sorry for necroing a post,

But I've found the Septone Car Filler , and there is 2 varieties.

The basic one says its for light patching and has 160gm styrene per 1kg tin,
But there is another that says for heavy duty patching and contains Fibre Glass mixed through it - is that better or do we want the flexibility of the lighter filler?

This is the lighter stuff
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-x-Sept...ing_Materials&hash=item3ccea6f3c8&_uhb=1#shId

The heavier duty stuff is
http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/on...one-Fibreglass-Filler-1kg.aspx?pid=3147#Cross

Hey, great to see another Aussie, I use septone products and while I have no experience with the heavy duty stuff, I have no complaints for the lighter stuff. That's what I've used on my build and I've found it to be more than suffiecient, and I drop things, a lot. As long as you've strengthened your armour enough on the inside you'll be fine with the lighter stuff, I've dropped mine on tiles with no visible mark on the armour, I was more concerned for the tile.

Great thanks for the advice, I've ordered the 2 x 2.5 kg tin from ebay since its the same price as retail for a single 2.5kg can.

Not quite sure how much I'll need for my full IM V6 variation suit , but hopefully that will do.

Once i get a couple more pieces done I'll chuck up a thread, as I think its a fun twist to the normal IM suits we all see :)

Just trying to decide whether to continue with fibreglass cloth on the inside of my pieces or give rondo a go...rondo seems much easier, but im concerned about strength..someone suggested on another thread to go rondo > fibrecloth in the middle just not all up to the edges (which is where i get issues with overhang of cloth and being unable to sand/cut it down neatly) and then another rondo over the top, but that seems almost a bit of overkill, espeically if i bondo the outside for details... so many decisions :confused

Glad to hear you found a substitute for the bondo. As stated above Bog will do, or builders fill (Same thing) and Bunnings will have it. As for Rondos strength. Unless you want to kick the crap out of it then Rondo will be fine, you should not be dropping it anyway. Check out benstreepers tuts on rondo, it will help alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back