Bondo + Pepakura = Airsoft Friendly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think that an metal BB would put a good dent in the Bondo. The Fiberglass should be able to hold up to it for sure and it would be effective armor for not getting hurt. But be prepared after awhile to have some bumpy armor :p. Plastic BBs might be a little better but I still think it would give a light ding. If I had a BB gun I would test it for you but I don't :(

Depends on what kind of guns your using. If you are using the cheapo guns on ebay like I wasted money on then 1 layer of fiberglass should work. If your using the real ones ( by real I mean good ones not knock offs) then you may want to layer up on the fiberglass. But most people including me are just going to say the suits we make are for show not war.

yeah the only really use full thing for air soft would be the helmet wich you would use as a mask and the chest, everything elese would probably just get in the way and slow you down, or make you really hot.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
Two or more layers of fiberglass, but the armor is honestly way too hard to move in to be useful in combat.

i really only want the helmet. btw why do you always post in orange?

Last edited by a moderator:
i get home from vacation on the 13th. soon as i get a chance ill make a vid. I fiberglassed and resined my old halo3 legendary box to make a pellet trap and have tried firing at it point blank a few times with an airsoft gun powered by CO2 that shoots at 300fps. the fiberglass started deforming around the 17th pointblank shot on the same spot. not much tough, just bulged out a bit. but no breakage or penetration.

and this is just cardboard with a single layer of the cloth and one layer of resin.

Jason 'Biff' H said:
i get home from vacation on the 13th. soon as i get a chance ill make a vid. I fiberglassed and resined my old halo3 legendary box to make a pellet trap and have tried firing at it point blank a few times with an airsoft gun powered by CO2 that shoots at 300fps. the fiberglass started deforming around the 17th pointblank shot on the same spot. not much tough, just bulged out a bit. but no breakage or penetration.

and this is just cardboard with a single layer of the cloth and one layer of resin.
sweet man PM me the vid once you do.

The only thing Pep armor is going to do is slow you down or worse, rub against your skin causing a blister or even worse permanent scarring *points to leg*. As said before they are for show not protection.

Cheers,
Kensai

bondo would crack if you hit it hard enough with enough pellets. These things aren't toys, you would have to get a sealant or something on it, or plasticize it.

rvb4life said:
bondo would crack if you hit it hard enough with enough pellets. These things aren't toys, you would have to get a sealant or something on it, or plasticize it.

i heard someone put smoothcast 3000 on his helmet. would that work?!

maybethere might be a way to put a thin glazing of silicon(thats right, not silicone). it would certainly reinforce it a whole lot and could keep from causing any damage. this also came to my mind when thinking about an alternative way to firberglassing. because silicon is cheap and easy to use. i might try this theory out on my halo2 odst that i just finnished. if anybody thinks i should try this let me know.

bdup678 said:
maybethere might be a way to put a thin glazing of silicon(thats right, not silicone). it would certainly reinforce it a whole lot and could keep from causing any damage. this also came to my mind when thinking about an alternative way to firberglassing. because silicon is cheap and easy to use. i might try this theory out on my halo2 odst that i just finnished. if anybody thinks i should try this let me know.

Try it! i need to find a solution but i dont hae that kind of money for that.

well i'll try it, but i really won't be able to get ahold of silicon until the 15th because thats when i start automotive classes back and i get free unlimited access to it there. when i try it i'll try to post a thread about it. if it works i'll post some prices for some as well.

Dreadnought of Fury said:
I would think that an metal BB would put a good dent in the Bondo.

Metal BB's Thats crazy. It depends on how many layers you have.

NO ONE shoudl be playign AS with metal BB's.

and no fiberglass will NOT withstand a .25g round fired at a normal 417fps. ive got pictures to prove it.

this is .9mil ABS. stronger than fiberglass

tools2.jpg

tools3.jpg

tools4.jpg

tools5.jpg

and for the record. bondo barely withstands you looking at it without breaking, never mind on paper. youd prolly get the same results by shooting at posterboard.

just FYI.

BE CAREFULL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back