Bondo vs Spray Bondo

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandoman247

Jr Member
I'm wondering what everyone's feelings are about using Spray Bondo on a helmet rather than regular Bondo?

After more research I've realized what I was looking at was Bondo Primer not an alternative to using Bondo itself. I'm curious about using the sun activated Bondo though because of how thin you can apply it (1/8th inch). It says it hardens in roughly 20 minutes to be sanded and painted.

Have you done the glass and resin coating? Bondo is for fill and shape. I am sure you know already know that, just putting it out there. In my experience with the spray Bondo is it is easy to use, but be careful to not apply too much and loose detail. Regular Bondo seems to be a bit more tedious to apply, but easier to control the amount you apply to the detail areas. Maybe try it on a small part of the project as a test before you go and spray the whole thing and find out that it was a mistake.

The spray that I had used is a high build filler and primer, good stuff but pricy. 165.00 for a 5 gall bucket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back