Borderlands 2 - Zer0, also Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I had a plan with the fiberglass...but it didn't work out as well as I wanted it to, and next time I do anything like this I'm using Rondo instead, fiberglass is too tricky to work with in an enclosed space like a helmet (live and learn!)

Well, i personally wouldnt just go with rondo. I have rondoed just a helmet before and i was sanding it down it cracked so badly i pretty much had to restart. Now if you put on a lot of rondo it would hold better but it would also be heavier. The fiberglass process will leave you a much stronger piece and lighter as well. Rondo is good for like a display model but i wouldnt recomend using rondo for a costume. Just my 2 cents.

I also am looking forward to how you do your helmet. I was just playing as zero last night with my little bro. He is a pretty awesome character.

I'll keep that in mind Frozensnot, thank you. Maybe it's just a process i'll have to get used to. I am taking pics of how far I am, but I want to post several at once, rather than just one or two a post to avoid double-posting. Right now the visor section is completely bondo'd, and nearly smoothed, just filling in some low spots then it's on to the rest of the helmet.

Also the visor thing came in that was posted earlier, the reflective one from Newegg, cheap, and quick and it looks awesome, but I jsut have to find a silver metallic paint to match it, and how to give the rest of the visor the same mirrored finish...i'm open to suggestions.

Drjag, just shoot me your e-mail and i'll give you the pep right now if you want.

I built mine from scratch. There's a user; Jtm1997, who has a much more detailed, and in my mind much better (albeit, a little short) model if you want to go his route, but his was designed to be CNC'd, and probably wouldn't PEP all too well.

by the way pics to come on the bondo'ing process shortly.

have you recieved my email yet? i sent it to you yesterday with both of my email addresses but i haven't recieved anything. Thanks in advance.

Yes I did, i've been a tad busy lately. I will send it to you when I get out of work today, I have files for all this scattered across 3 devices x.x i'm terribly disorganized...some on my home PC, some on my school computer, some on my phone...sheesh.

Ok, pics...
20121020_184050.jpg
So here's the visor I was recommended, it was only like, $5 from newegg, so whether it works or not is no great loss....Does anyone know a way I can mimic this metallic, mirror finish on the visor of the helmet? Since this visor won't cover the whole visor portion I need to emulate this mirrored finish along the rest of it...I hope that made sense

20121021_184444.jpg
Back of the helmet, front is pretty much done.

20121021_200647.jpg
The visor portion completely bondo'd. Requires a bit of filling in on some low spots, a bit-o-sanding, then i'm going to build up the rest of the helmet around it. Certain portions extend out from the visor (like the sides) while certain parts are inset from the visor (like the chin)

comments, opinions, suggestions, etc. always appreciated...sorry about the slow progress :(

Ok thanks i understand what you mean, also it looks like your your helmet is really coming together now, it looks great! the only advice i could give about your visor problem is to pay a company who can professionly chrome the visor portion which isn't coverered, however this would cost alot, or you could buy another visor (the same one from newegg), cut it and hot glue it to cover the whole visor. hope this helps in some way.

Yeah, if i pay big $$ to get someone to chrome it, i'd have a visor made the exact size, professionally XD
As for buying more than one, that's probably not an option, and you would see the seems too easily.
The guy who made the mask for the live actiong commercial formed a piece of plastic to the inside, and the only see-through portion was actually about the size of a balaclava opening, and he dusted it with paint just enough to color it, but just little enough to see out, but not in. I'm considering that route as well.

Hey man, I'm glad that mask worked out for you, that sucks it's too small. I did a little more research and found that "chrome window tint" in automotive windows, might work for your project. I haven't worked with it before, to get it to form to the helmet, you have to use a heat gun or hair dryer to heat it up, then apply with some sort of glue, not sure. But, the only other alternative would be a light coat of chrome spray paint which might not go on very smooth. I hope this helps.

Yes I did, i've been a tad busy lately. I will send it to you when I get out of work today, I have files for all this scattered across 3 devices x.x i'm terribly disorganized...some on my home PC, some on my school computer, some on my phone...sheesh.

Ok, pics...
20121020_184050.jpg
So here's the visor I was recommended, it was only like, $5 from newegg, so whether it works or not is no great loss....Does anyone know a way I can mimic this metallic, mirror finish on the visor of the helmet? Since this visor won't cover the whole visor portion I need to emulate this mirrored finish along the rest of it...I hope that made sense

20121021_184444.jpg
Back of the helmet, front is pretty much done.

20121021_200647.jpg
The visor portion completely bondo'd. Requires a bit of filling in on some low spots, a bit-o-sanding, then i'm going to build up the rest of the helmet around it. Certain portions extend out from the visor (like the sides) while certain parts are inset from the visor (like the chin)

comments, opinions, suggestions, etc. always appreciated...sorry about the slow progress :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back