Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindanator

I'm supposed to be writing an essay at the moment, but instead I got bored and started procrastinating by playing with some melted wax from a candle I had burning the night before. I wouldn't have posted these, but I got talked into it, so what I carved was this:

2009_0517HALOGUNS0217.jpg

2009_0517HALOGUNS0218.jpg

2009_0517HALOGUNS0219.jpg

2009_0517HALOGUNS0220.jpg

And this is probably sacrilege showing Juliet76's Odie with an alien weapon, but.........

2009_0517HALOGUNS0233.jpg

2009_0517HALOGUNS0234.jpg

2009_0517HALOGUNS0235.jpg

2009_0517HALOGUNS0237.jpg

:D

You bloody Australians just goofing around :p. No no. Its good to see some peeps from the southern hemisphere.

ANZAC FTW!!

you werent kidding when you said boredom, but despite the fact that you werent very serious about this i think it looks surprisingly good... got any purple wax?

mawrTRON said:
You bloody Australians just goofing around :p. No no. Its good to see some peeps from the southern hemisphere.

Thanks mawrTRON. Good to see you here too. ;)

Lindanator- So this is the Linda's super happy fun time of which you speak. I leave you upstairs to go slave away in the workshop and this is what you get up to? And I thought you were busy studying to get a well paid job to support me and my building hobby. Oh, Linda. :rolleyes

But for what it is (candle wax) and what you used to sculpt it (a steak knife) I think it's really really good! Which has got me thinking what you'd be like with better tools and a more workable substance, like clay. We do have some armour we want to build. Hmm... Honey, don't you have holidays coming up? :devil:

Last edited by a moderator:
WRising said:
you werent kidding when you said boredom, but despite the fact that you werent very serious about this i think it looks surprisingly good... got any purple wax?

Thanks! I actually went looking after you said this, and yes I do have a purple candle. I also thought about melting a couple of colours together to get the layers. :)

Slave away Juliet? I thought you were sitting on your butt drawing pictures for someone else? And yes, I love clay, it was my favoutrite in art class, which of course, you should know ;) The steak knife was just to make the holes because of the slender end, my trusty pocket knife was the winner, the same one I used on my buddah and chinese guys :D

Good to see you to mawrTron :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back