Props Br 55 Project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! It's been a while since i've posted anything so i hope u guys like it. Some of you may remember my old post of my Br55 but that thread was eventually abandoned because i had too much school work. I used the sliced BR pep and made some of my own modifications to the sliced parts such as: a functional bolt, dummy rounds, a heat shield and cutting in a few details.

Some pics(work in process):

*the strings you see are used to hold the pieces together as i have not glued it together*
dsc00680koi.jpg

dsc00681kvd.jpg

here it is the mag out:
dsc00682q.jpg

A close up of the mag(the rounds are not finished yet, these are just temporary) :
dsc00683nbp.jpg

At the moment i'm working on the functional bolt, heat shield, and scope. I'm still trying to figure out what to use to coat the outside of the carboard. I was thinking resin but my art teacher recommends paper mache. Any tips/advice would be great. I hope you like it!

Add a layer of Cardstock or any thick cardboard to make it smooth, then fill up the gaps with thin strips of cardstock again, so that the end product will be solid and easy for the resin to be more effective. then, after the resin, your ready for paint :D

Awesome build, and skills, :D Good luck

Sure's looking good! Keep up the good work!

(Side note: I still baffles me that I have used the layering technique way before it became acknowledged by the common people.)

Tactics 101 - Awesome tut my friend hehe :D

Some info on how I'm doing my BR and AR, I used screws to make the gun look rugged, though real guns don't have so much visible screws hehe

And cut out the barrel cavity since you have't glued the pecies yet :D

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
Sure's looking good! Keep up the good work!

(Side note: I still baffles me that I have used the layering technique way before it became acknowledged by the common people.)
Same here. On my old thread of my battle rifle, i included a pic of an old assault rifle i made with the layering technique and someone actually said that it was weird ~_~

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey man LOVING the BR love the detail that you put effort too, as well.

keep up the Great, and awesome woork

SprayNoob, begone!

war_veteran117 said:
Same here. On my old thread of my battle rifle, i included a pic of an old assault rifle i made with the layering technique and someone actually said that it was weird ~_~

Hehe, that person might have never used cardboard for anything before (no offense to that person, peace :D)

New updates:
Threw together a barrel and stuck it on with tape to measure dimensions. The scope and Bolt are currently still in the works.
dsc00690.jpg

dsc00691u.jpg

progress is a little slow. But hopefully i'll finish it by the end of next week.

war_veteran117 said:
progress is a little slow. But hopefully i'll finish it by the end of next week.

Steady pace, it's always good not to rush thinks, and also not to go to slow. :D Can't wait to see more updates

centerside said:
Steady pace, it's always good not to rush thinks, and also not to go to slow. :D Can't wait to see more updates
yup, however the problem is that this is a home/school project. So my teacher is expecting something by the end of next week. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back