BR for $1,025!? and other Bungie Day goodies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spitfire22V

Just a quick heads up to check out bungie.net where they've updated everything to include all the information regarding their Bungie Day 20th Anniversary celebrations.

Including:
-Blue flames unlocked for everyone
-Real steak prizes if you get a "Steaktacular" against Bungie employees (i.e. beat them by more than 20 kills) <--I find this hilarious that they're actually doing this btw :D
-Swag bag full of random Bungie swag
-Auctions of Halo stuff for charity.

Aaaaaaand....included in those auctions are a WETA Battle Rifle prop and WETA Marine Armor.

WETA BR on ebay

Only $1,025!! (lol). Thank you very much, but I'll stick to making my own for chump change in comparison...;)

I'm pumped and going to play some Halo! Feel free to join me! (GT=my screename)

Thoughts?

yea for the next 7 hours my mission is to continuously hit the f5 key. Urk said they will be replenished.

I know they were in limited supply, but I wasn't sure if it was they were gone that quickly, or they just hadn't actually stocked them yet.

I just bought a visor last night and plan on doing some spending on the weekend, so though the bag looks tempting I'll be passing.

Supposedly, most of the bags were accounted for even before they even showed up on the bungiestore? Trying to figure out how that would work, and finding the source where I read it. They must have sold out extremely fast because I frequent bungie.net a lot, and by the time I saw all the news, they were long gone.

Edit: Ah, here it is, on their Twitter.

Watch the store and act fast. We sold hundreds before we'd officially launched!

At first, seems like nothing great, but the more I read about it, the more it seems it might be worth it.

Can't seem to find the link for the WETA Marine armor that is also going on sale.

Yea I'm going to be constantly watching. They said on Twitter that they are going to restock the swag bags. I'm still trying to get the blue flame. The name plate, I can't tell what it's supposed to look like

^ nice please give us pics when it comes in. I ordered the on the edge print that has an artist signature, i cant wait for it :)

the only problem with the bags is that people are buying as many as 3 or 4 at a time with no respect for anyone else's chance of obtaining one. Bungie really has to put a limit of 1 per buyer. BTW how much is one bag?

the only problem with the bags is that people are buying as many as 3 or 4 at a time with no respect for anyone else's chance of obtaining one. Bungie really has to put a limit of 1 per buyer. BTW how much is one bag?

I agree, I was a little surprised to hear that there was no limit of one per customer, which I think isn't sensible.

The bags cost $30 each, based on the bag's description:

What's in the bag? Nobody knows. Okay so we totally know, but we're not telling. At worst, you'll get an honest thirty bucks worth of swag. At best, you'll get something worth so much more. All profits from this sale go to charity through the Bungie Foundation.

I'm just worried that even if DO manage to order a bag in time when they come back in stock, it won't be full of as cool stuff as the first run, because it feels like now they're just scrounging around to get "junk" to sell more bags and fill the demand.

The BR is now at a little over $3,000!! I kind wish we could tell the bidders "Hey, you can make your own BR prop that's nearly as good for a fraction of the cost!" But then we'd get even more noobs asking how to make it.... ;)

The BR is now at a little over $3,000!! I kind wish we could tell the bidders "Hey, you can make your own BR prop that's nearly as good for a fraction of the cost!" But then we'd get even more noobs asking how to make it.... ;)

But a replica that you build is not a screen-used item, and these things being from Weta make them pretty special. Collecting screen-used is a whole other game...

And this from Bungie's Facebook:
Bag O' Swag Redux set for Thursday.

Just bought my 20th anni Tshirt, good thing I saw this thread, I had no idea this was going on!

I'm gonna be getting that shirt, but I'd like to order it along with the swag bag to save on shipping. Now is it going to be midnight washington state time that they restock them?

But a replica that you build is not a screen-used item, and these things being from Weta make them pretty special. Collecting screen-used is a whole other game...

This is true. I do personally believe that a prop made by Weta is itself most likely a masterpiece and worth much more than a self-made one. However, though these props were indeed screen-used, they were not used in a major motion film, which would not render them as valuable to me if they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back