Props Br Paint Job - Video Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPARTAN1803

I just want to start off saying I DID NOT BUILD THIS BR!This Battle rifle was made by Lee and Rube. I am making this thread to get opinions on my painting and assembly on their prop.

Here are some pictures of my progress so far. sorry the pictures are low quality, they were taken with my phone.

RAW PRODUCT

PRIMED AND GLUED

PRIMED AND PAINTED

Heat shield

tip (needs a little work)

scope

rifle( fresh paint, one side done)

The rifle is kinda hard to see, I'll take a better picture later. All I have left is to epoxy the other pieces on and paint the silver parts, add some battle damage and add a clear coat. Any tips would be nice, this is my first paint project... ever. Yeah there were the art classes I took in school when I was a little tot back in the day, but I want this to look good cuz I'm not just sticking this on my parents fridge when I'm done. Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the only weathering I can think of on the gray parts are toward the butt of the gun but I'll throw some scratches in there on the black parts. There was a bubble in the rim of the scope from the molding process so I'm going carve it into a "v" shape to cover it up.

LeeKegan said:
Your doing a great job. Can't wait to see it finished.

I just hope i do your work justice! Here are some more pictures. I plan to do a couple more layers of the silver.

Left Side

Right Side

As for the scope, my buddy Nox Umbra has one of the Br replica's made by Master Replica's and the eye guard is rubber. What I plan on doing is getting some black primer to give it a dull rubber look. Here is a picture as it is now.

Scope

Like I said earlier, I am going to carve out the bubble from molding into a "V" (for vendetta, lol jk) to give it look like it had been hit by a sharp object, and I didnt forget about the cocking bolt. I have primed it and I have a chrome paint I'm going to use on it. If you have any pointers please let me know.

Thanks for the compliments guy :D . So i got quite a bit done since the last post. battle damage and all weathering is done. Here are some pictures, and remember this is my first paint job. All that is left is to epoxy the heat shield and supressor into place and its done. I'm going to that right after i post this.

Thank you. I was a bit worried that I over did it.

For the 3 in attendance and the thousands watching at home.

Are you ready?

I said are you ready?

Sorry, I love DX. Enjoy the video.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g43ZI89sh5Q[/media]

Great job on the paint. For the surpressor. The plastic dowell that was sticking out, you should have trimmed it down, but now you can drill it out and put a wood dowell into the hole and attach the surpressor.

Again great job of finishing the BR.

WOW! That looks great! Nice job. It actually looks like metal just like it would be in-game!

also... How did you go about doing that weathering cause it looks so realistic!?

Lmnospartan said:
WOW! That looks great! Nice job. It actually looks like metal just like it would be in-game!

also... How did you go about doing that weathering cause it looks so realistic!?

What I did was finished the painting and then sprayed black over the gray parts and then lightly wiped it off with a rag. For the black parts I got a silver spray paint and sprayed the side of a paint brush and lightly and quickly brushed certain spots and edges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back