Props BR55 foam build

Status
Not open for further replies.

marscreature

Doing my 1st weapon build and I chose the BR55 because I love Halo 2 and I already have the Boomco MA5.
Started with Wizard of Flight's H3 Battle Rifle blueprint, then scaled it so I could print it full size.
Cut it out then traced and cut it out of the foam.
Planning on using 1/2" PVC for the barrel and a nerf gun scope.
I will be putting a sheet of metal in between 2 foam layers to make it more rigid and hopefully magnetic enough to hold to the magnets I will be putting in my back armor.

Still debating on what to do for a coating before painting. Thoughts:
A. couple coats of elmers glue to keep it easy
B. 1 layer fiberglass mesh and resin on most and resin over all
C. thick layer of Duraglass fiberglass filler
Edit (9-11-18): probably going to just use plastidip
received_1090712921091792.jpeg

received_1910664479235817.jpeg

received_1800357433333130.jpeg

Last edited:
should be getting electronics and materials within a week for a static led ammo counter display and an audio module.
Converted and trimmed a BR55 3 round burst mp3.
Attached: Entire halo 2 br55 noise mp3 and a trimmed mp3 of single burst.

Attachments

• br55 audio.zip
    285.9 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
Added the metal to give it some backbone.
Barrel is 1/4" Sch 80 Gray PVC
may be a while to finish because I used my electronics for my boomco ma5 waiting for more.
going to glue these 2 together, cut out areas for the ammo counter light and sound module.

20180925_184447_resized.jpg

20180925_184501_resized.jpg

Added the metal to give it some backbone.
Barrel is 1/4" Sch 80 Gray PVC
may be a while to finish because I used my electronics for my boomco ma5 waiting for more.
going to glue these 2 together, cut out areas for the ammo counter light and sound module.

View attachment 260207

View attachment 260208
Dude, you have a serious case of torn edges. sharpening your blade would help alot with this.
also dont move in a sawing motion, move in one continuous pass for an edge and then go back over it again till you get through the foam.
other than that it looks awesome

The torn edges you do have can be fixed. If you have a dremmel, use it to sand smooth. If not, then some elbow grease and a sanding block will have to do.

Worst case, bust out foam clay or foam putty to fill any gaps that are left after sanding surfaces smooth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back