Props Br55 Full Metal

Status
Not open for further replies.
*curb stomps FS and rvb,pics kelly's snier and wallet+moneys.gives back to kelly and stands guard until she comes back to it*
sry for double post
(had to)
(kelly=BRI)

LastSpartan said:
How tall are you? Because it looks a tad small on you :S

5 ft 6 in.

link4044 said:
wow that looks under scale

Yeah, I see.. =(

*silently tears up his hairs, one-by-one*

Ok, let's call this "Child version" :)

Okay, starting nother one :)

Last edited by a moderator:
looks alittle small but could be the picture

Then i went on halopedia and found some helpful info

* Length: 89.9 centimeters or 35.4 inches
* Height without scope: 21.2 centimeters or 8.3 inches
* Weight: 8.378 lbs

source: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/BR55HB_SR_Battle_Rifle

edit: so with the new one are you going to go with metal or your going to try like plexi or what ever

Hahahaha, *pew, pew!* :lol:

I thought it was going to be a lot bigger when I saw it in the other pics. You deceiver!

Do you plan on sending them the correct scale?

I think that the size you made it is perfect. If you would have scaled the gun right, it would probably weigh around 10kg. I think it was a good thing you made your mistake.

looks awesome, should maybe be a TAD bigger, but not by too much. You dont want to make it full scale- 89.9 cm long, because youre not an 8 foot tall supersoldier, it would a look bit goofy.

example, "full Scale" plasma grenade is 15 or so centimeters in diameter. Thats almost the size of one of those mini basketballs. in the game they look to be about the size of a baseball.

When i made my BR it was about 73 cm long. sadly i didnt get to finish it, which is kinda good because now i get to start over.

Picture189.jpg

Picture190.jpg

Picture188.jpg

I just make all my weapons in proportion to my body size and in proportion to other weapons, if it feels comfortable for you to hold then i say stick with what you have. think of it as being a real rifle, if you would be comfortable shooting with it, then its probably right. ;)

BTW are you planning on using a Metal filler and detailing it etc?. i have a link to a decent metal filler/glaze that may help you.

Looking pretty good cept for the size). So did you send off to get the pieces or did you do it yourself on a CAD/CAM machine?

SPARTAN110 said:
Looking pretty good cept for the size). So did you send off to get the pieces or did you do it yourself on a CAD/CAM machine?

I sent it off. CAD design is mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont let them get to you with the scale, it's not that bad, in fact, if no one would have mentioned it, I wouldn't have noticed.

If you don't mind the suggestion, instead of cutting so many "inside" sections, why not just cut out the sides, top, bottom and back sections,( same for the clip), and then have the parts spot welded into a more "box" like model? Even better if you use aluminum..

That way it looks good, and not so heavy.

I mean, since you're splurging on the CNC cutting, whats one more expense by welding it up?
That's what I would do. I can weld it together, but I can't get it cut..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back