Props Br55 Full Metal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good idea. No need for all that metal on the inside. Cut cost (possibly) and definitely save weight.

CPU64 said:
If you don't mind the suggestion, instead of cutting so many "inside" sections, why not just cut out the sides, top, bottom and back sections,( same for the clip), and then have the parts spot welded into a more "box" like model? Even better if you use aluminum..

That way it looks good, and not so heavy.

I mean, since you're splurging on the CNC cutting, whats one more expense by welding it up?
That's what I would do. I can weld it together, but I can't get it cut..

tlither said:
Good idea. No need for all that metal on the inside. Cut cost (possibly) and definitely save weight.

Thanks for advices guys. I found that we have bending machines too... :)
So I must rethink BR design fundametally to make it Full Metal Hollow Inside and Less Boxy Outside.

W.i.p.

WBR,

Last edited by a moderator:
michaelbak said:
How much did it cost? i may want to try this if it's under $100.
A good rule of thumb is that it is going to cost more than you think, take longer than you think, and you will use more materials than you think. In today's economy, nothing is cheap. Expect to pay smartly for professional services such as water jet cutting.

michaelbak said:
Thats pretty damn sad when a sheet of metal costs $20 where i live.

This isn't China (bad joke, especially since i"m Chinese), labor costs are going to kill you if the sheet metal cost doesn't.

jericho said:
Just saw this. Very cool! Can someone explain water jet cutting? ....I saw it on here.

Water is shot at Mach 2 (That's twice as fast as the speed of Sound, kids!) directly on the metal sheets, cutting through it like hot knife through butter. The cuts are accurate since the entire machine computerized, and the cuts are very clean and smooth. AmIDoingItRight?

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
Water is shot at Mach 2 (That's twice as fast as the speed of Sound, kids!) directly on the metal sheets, cutting through it like hot knife through butter. The cuts are accurate since the entire machine computerized, and the cuts are very clean and smooth. AmIDoingItRight?

well not as smooth but it does cut accurate, lasercutting can get you a smooth cut and it can engrave also

link4044 said:
well not as smooth but it does cut accurate, lasercutting can get you a smooth cut and it can engrave also

I stand corrected, good sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back