braggkid9's very first project

Status
Not open for further replies.

braggkid9

This is my first attempt at anything! I'm so happy! I'm making a Combat Evolved Assault Rifle for a friend's present and this will track the changes that happen. Hopefully I post pics from pep to paint. Any and all comments welcome (as long as they're within the rules)

Please don't expect anything much other than a few words here and there for several weeks. I just started senior year in high school so my schedule is pretty hectic. I got this pep file from the wiki. If someone wants me to I will post the link to the file and the thread. I plan on using the resin and bondo method to harden it. Because I'm new please tell me if I go wrong or if my terminology is off. Thanks in advance.

Looking forward to seeing progress. I've always liked the CE assault rifle, although the Reach AR is more detailed. Good luck on the project.

(within the rules)

like a wip without pics? I wouldn't be surprised to see this locked here pretty soon, especially if you don't plan on doing any major updates for weeks. But I do wish you luck, I have had the weapon files for a while now and I have always been intimidated by the complexity of the build.

Looking forward to seeing progress. I've always liked the CE assault rifle, although the Reach AR is more detailed. Good luck on the project.
Thanks, and yeah, even though the Reach is newer and people do it more I didn't feel up to that highly complex challenge yet.

It is good that you are excited about sharing your work. You will find that one of the unique and compelling things about this community is the willingness of its members to allow others to see what (and how) they are able to acheive.

Please do post some work-in-progress photos soon. You should avoid beginning a project thread without having a start at it. Good luck with your project!

like a wip without pics?
I just meant that I will be taking pics of finished projects but I hope that I don't get so wrapped up that I forget to take in-progress pics.
I have had the weapon files for a while now and I have always been intimidated by the complexity of the build.
While this is my first project and I haven't got any experience with the peping yet, this will do me good by showing me just how hard and frustrating this can be.

Please do post some work-in-progress photos soon. You should avoid beginning a project thread without having a start at it. Good luck with your project!

I was about to edit my post to mention the WIP pics (or lack of) on this thread. That's why I've refrained from starting my own WIP thread until I have some pictures to show.

Yeah, pmw3 told me about how this thread might get locked because of possible lack of activity but if that happens I'll make another thread that will have progress pics on it after I'm a good way into it.
Does anyone know the aprox. time I have before this gets locked?

OK, I just looked at the infractions thread and decided that its for the best if this thread just stopped until I actualy get the project rolling.....how do I stop it? Or is that a mod/staff job? If so, how do I notify them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back