Brand New, But ready to roll!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeLegends

I've always been a big fan of halo, and from the start I always thought it would be cool to make a suit of my own.
One weekend my wife and I attended Wizard world comic con and I got to see a few finished projects and thought "Welp, its time...."
So here I am. I never tackled this before because I didn't think I could afford it, but im now to where I don't think it would be a huge issue.

I look forward to getting and giving help, I read/heard this is the forum to be on related to this. I'm no stranger to forums and have even told people myself
that a simple forum search can go along way, but given I have 0 experience as of writing this if anyone would be kind enough to point me in the direction of
the basics or keywords I should look under that would be great.

As far as my idea of what I'd like to do. I'm 6'3', so I think the Master Chief would be a good fit. I'm debating the halo 2/3 model though.

Anyways, Thanks again!
OH, and im from the Oklahoma area if that matters.

Take it slow, as for what to use I recommend pepakura because you get a lot of detail and I think most foam suits are ugly. If you do go pepakura I recommend watching some of cerial killers tutorials on YouTube. For hardening your armor you can use fiberglass resin or smooth on, resins like $25 a gallon and smooth on is like $120 a gallon. When it comes to bondo go in sections don't cover the whole thing at once. Finally a paint job can make or break your suit.
Hope I helped
-Dylan

Welcome to the 405th. Start off by reading the stickies and watching Adams video. You will read a lot but the more you read up on the better off you will be. I recommend starting with something small like a hand plate, its small but you still use all of the principles of pep( scaling, fitment, bondo, paint etc). Then something medium sized like a shoulder piece or if you want something harder try a forearm piece. MS7 has a wonderful database that he keeps up dated with most if not all of the available pep files organized in an easy to navigate database. Make a thread to post progress pics in your build thread or rename this one by editing your first post. Good luck and be patience with which ever route you take pep, foam or 3d print.

Even searching through the stickies can be helpful! There's so much to learn on here, and the knowledge goes well beyond Halo. Just do your research and as Flusher said, take it slow :) good luck!

Almost thought this site was done for. I finally make my first post and the next day it goes down for over a month. Hope that's not a sign! lol
I think I'll take you up on that slow idea and start with something simple.

Hello and welcome! :) For newcomers, this sort of hobby may be frustrating, but once you get the hang of it, then it becomes really fun because then you realize you can make all sorts of stuff with the right blueprints. :p

Anyway, I would like to point you here: http://halogoddess.weebly.com/make-your-own-halo-armor.html Why, you may ask? I created this website to help newcomers because my website sort of points you in the right direction, basically saving you SOME search time and I posted the links to key threads to help you on your way. :) There is quite a bit of reading, but if you want to learn how to do this, you're gonna have to since that is what A LOT of this is.......reading, research and learning. :p Kind of like going to school all over again! XD lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back