Branfuhr Studios Helmet Help

SamuelHan

Has anyone cut out the visor area for a Branfuhr Studios helmet? If so, how'd you go about it? I was initially planning to use a Dremel, but I'm not so confident in that plan now. The helmet is the Halo 3 Recon, so the visor area is especially small. I'm a bit terrified of cutting into the helmet itself.

Thanks in advance!

I used a Dremel when I cut out the visor area for my MKVI. It can be done if you go slow (and use proper PPE)

I've heard really good things about using an Oscillating tool with a straight cutting edge too.

I used a Dremel when I cut out the visor area for my MKVI. It can be done if you go slow (and use proper PPE)

I've heard really good things about using an Oscillating tool with a straight cutting edge too.
Gotcha! What bit did you use for the Dremel?

I used a cutoff disc to get out a big section and then a sanding bit to get close to the edges and smooth it out.

Has anyone cut out the visor area for a Branfuhr Studios helmet? If so, how'd you go about it? I was initially planning to use a Dremel, but I'm not so confident in that plan now. The helmet is the Halo 3 Recon, so the visor area is especially small. I'm a bit terrified of cutting into the helmet itself.

Thanks in advance!
I say cut broad with the dremel, then dremel sand it. Go from larger sand tool to a smaller one until you’re good, then sand it regularly.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back