British 4th Of July

Status
Not open for further replies.
SparTom007 said:
Im from the UK and we dont celebrate it but I do tell my US friends happy 4thJuly and every now and then shout it randomly to people on COD4 and H3 matchmaking! :D but usually everyone is just like :mad: stfu on halo but cod4 ppl are nice. damn, ever since H2 halo matchmaking community has sucked overall, you get nice ppl who start playing without headsets eventually and thats why my friendslist is so little. PM me if you want to play btw! ;)

Oh yeah, in the quote, V4V rawx!! :cool: I am gonna buy one of those masks eventually because I want to protest against scamentology!! I will be going to the forums for anonymous members soon and making a mark on the world.
ANYONE ELSE: Members of anonymous (aka in protest of the so-called religion of $cientology)?

If so PM me please, especially UK members :p
It's been a while since I've been on Halo 3 matchmaking. I left because of the people. :p I celebrated with my British friends by drinking tea. But really, I was drinking a glass of iced tea when I was playing over LIVE with a few friends from the UK. It was a funny moment.

Hai anon. I want a mask so I can roflcopter when I post FBI copypasta. Granted, I can still laugh myself to death without it, but it feels more official if I have the mask. As funny as the protest are, I think I'll sit those out. ;) I heard a bunch of anons got in big trouble for it.
Just hating us for no reason is sorta strange fragclone but whatever. :rolleyes

Last edited by a moderator:
As was said before it is not celebrated in the UK, or anywhere other then the US it being a celebration of the American revolution after all..... How could that not click? :confused:

p0rtalman said:
Belakor said:
One of my former landlords was actually related to Guy Fawkes, just a random piece of information that came to mind :p
I honestly don't know why we/they celebrate Guy Fawkes, it is the day he tried to blow up the House of Lords after all... I would have thought the government would have put a halt to the celebration ages ago... anyways, I didn't and don't do anything out of the ordinary on the 4th, just another day for me :)
Thats awesum! i would love to be related to guy fawks. I think its "supposed" to be celebrating the fact that guy fawks didn't succeed, they also burn effigies of him... But i (among many others) believe that he was doing the right thing.
They celerate the fact he failed. The effigies arn't of Guido (Guy was spanish and this was his real name) Fawkes, they're of the Pope. It was meant to be a giant middle-finger salute to the Catholic Church, as James the 1st and 6th was Protestant, and was terrified of assassination.

Zoltan said:
As was said before it is not celebrated in the UK, or anywhere other then the US it being a celebration of the American revolution after all..... How could that not click? :confused:
My thoughts exactly. It would be like Japan celebrating Thanksgiving day here in America.

Belakor said:
One of my former landlords was actually related to Guy Fawkes, just a random piece of information that came to mind :p
I honestly don't know why we/they celebrate Guy Fawkes, it is the day he tried to blow up the House of Lords after all... I would have thought the government would have put a halt to the celebration ages ago... anyways, I didn't and don't do anything out of the ordinary on the 4th, just another day for me :)
you sure it was the house of lords? i always thought it was the houses of parliament... im from the uk and i don't even know lol
oh and on the 4th do you have bonfires? we get to burn guy Fawkes on bonfire night :)
your all really lucky, you get independence day then 3 days later you get bungie day!

SparTom007 said:
Im from the UK and we dont celebrate it but I do tell my US friends happy 4thJuly and every now and then shout it randomly to people on COD4 and H3 matchmaking! :D but usually everyone is just like :mad: stfu on halo but cod4 ppl are nice. damn, ever since H2 halo matchmaking community has sucked overall, you get nice ppl who start playing without headsets eventually and thats why my friendslist is so little. PM me if you want to play btw! ;)

Oh yeah, in the quote, V4V rawx!! :cool: I am gonna buy one of those masks eventually because I want to protest against scamentology!! I will be going to the forums for anonymous members soon and making a mark on the world.
ANYONE ELSE: Members of anonymous (aka in protest of the so-called religion of $cientology)?

If so PM me please, especially UK members :p
i think keeping the anon talk to a minimum would be a good idea. These forums are nor for that. And i believe this thread has served it purpose, If a mod wants to lock it...? (not my call, just a suggestion :) )

p0rtalman said:
i think keeping the anon talk to a minimum would be a good idea. These forums are nor for that. And i believe this thread has served it purpose, If a mod wants to lock it...? (not my call, just a suggestion :) )
Yeah i do agree its 2 days after and its starting to go into stuff i dont know about exept guy fawkes really cool but all the talk about the anon and other stuff is confusing for me and should be left alone cause this is a halo website not a revolution against scientology. SO PLEASE LOCK THIS

BlacRoseImmortal said:
Eh, I usually just sit out back with meh rifle and shoot at marshmellow peeps... but since i was left alone this year, i'll be running a det line to my shoebox full-o firecrackers/fireworks that ive been collecting for some time now lol... i promised my dad that i would not set the house on fire today................................................. on purpose :devil: buahahahaha!
you know what you could have done, make a brute helmet and put you firecrackers in it :lol: happy 4th you covanet basterds :lol:

p0rtalman said:
Um... not living in the UK, I'm not to sure what they do. As far as i know they don't celebrate it, its celebrating the american revolution (right?) thus, only in America. But they have a similar event called bonfire night (or guy fawks night).

Remember, remember the Fifth of November,
The Gunpowder Treason and Plot,
I know of no reason
Why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot.​
Guy fawks FTW :D
P1010017.jpg
Any other V for Vendetta fans?

V for Vendetta rules

p0rtalman said:
... I think its "supposed" to be celebrating the fact that guy fawks didn't succeed, they also burn effigies of him... But i (among many others) believe that he was doing the right thing.
That makes sense but at the same time it still seems odd to me "We just caught this guy trying to blow us up so lets celebrate by giving the people more explosives":lol: Guy Fawkes has always sucked here... I can't think of a time when we could get decent fireworks, now they're just crappy little fizzing things :(

pacbury said:
you sure it was the house of lords? i always thought it was the houses of parliament...
Honestly? I have no idea :p I was just going off what I read:
"The plot, masterminded by Robert Catesby, was an attempt by a group of religious conspirators to kill King James I of England, his family, and most of the aristocracy by blowing up the House of Lords in the Palace of Westminster during the State Opening of Parliament"

I think this has run it's course and at the request of the OP, I'm going to lock it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back