broadband xbox live?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but you need to do some things first. But, I'll need to know what OS you are running (E.G., windows XP, Vista, Mac OSX, etc.)

well i have linux and xp (linux ftw) and i have tried that w/ a laptop both w/ linux and xp and it wont work. so if you come to my house youll find a nice 50'' (foot) cable running down stairs. so i would like to know this too!

spartan -1 Caboose said:
Yes, but you need to do some things first. But, I'll need to know what OS you are running (E.G., windows XP, Vista, Mac OSX, etc.)

vista, and i'm not talking about a card that connects to a router, i'm talking about wireless internet from a service provider that connects through stellite...just to clarify.

Last edited by a moderator:
feigned-echo said:
vista, and i'm not talking about a card that connects to a router, i'm talking about wireless internet from a service provider that connects through stellite...just to clarify.
That's the setup I have, so this should be easy.

1. Go to: Control panel (classic view)
2.click on "network and sharing center"
3. click on "manage network connections" in the bar on the left of the window.
4. select your internet connection AND your LAN connection
5. right click on either one and click "bridge connections"
6. when it's through with that, plug your xbox in to the Ethernet point.
7. turn on your xbox, and connect to live normally.

spartan -1 Caboose said:
That's the setup I have, so this should be easy.

1. Go to: Control panel (classic view)
2.click on "network and sharing center"
3. click on "manage network connections" in the bar on the left of the window.
4. select your internet connection AND your LAN connection
5. right click on either one and click "bridge connections"
6. when it's through with that, plug your xbox in to the Ethernet point.
7. turn on your xbox, and connect to live normally.

thanks a bunch man, now all i need is a laptop.

i suppose i could give this a try on my dads, is the setup the same for xp?

feigned-echo said:

You mean you have satellite based internet? If so, don't expect to be able to play any games, just update your gamercard. Satellite internet has severe lag, often up to 2000ms. Or was it just the way you worded it?

spartan -1 Caboose said:
I'm not sure, but it should be. I haven't tried it out on XP yet.

It is the same on XP. That's how I run mine.

Gokussj5okazu said:
You mean you have satellite based internet? If so, don't expect to be able to play any games, just update your gamercard. Satellite internet has severe lag, often up to 2000ms. Or was it just the way you worded it?
It is the same on XP. That's how I run mine.

i'm talking about a broadband card given by a service provider such as cingular, so you can have internet even if far from any wifi device, and so instead of connecting to a router, it connects to satellite.

feigned-echo said:
i'm talking about a broadband card given by a service provider such as cingular, so you can have internet even if far from any wifi device, and so instead of connecting to a router, it connects to satellite.
Thats what Im using, and it works great, with no lag.

spartan -1 Caboose said:
Thats what Im using, and it works great, with no lag.

who do you use? cinglular? and what kind of payments do you make per month?
because i'm thinking about saying screw comcast, and just go with an nic card, so i can take the computer anywhere, and not have to worry about being close to any router, or wifi device to connect.

feigned-echo said:
who do you use? cinglular? and what kind of payments do you make per month?
because i'm thinking about saying screw comcast, and just go with an nic card, so i can take the computer anywhere, and not have to worry about being close to any router, or wifi device to connect.
I use verizon, and I believe the payments are in the area of $60 a month, but I'm not the one paying, so I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back