brushable molds

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallis

Hey every one ...i have been checking out the process of making molds and i am curious if i could make every piece of mjolnir armour from a brush on latex rubber? thanks alot for the help :lol:

dallis said:
Hey every one ...i have been checking out the process of making molds and i am curious if i could make every piece of mjolnir armour from a brush on latex rubber? thanks alot for the help :lol:

You coulld, but it might take you 5 years and cost 10 times what other mold rubber costs.

You have to build latex up in layers. Paint it on, let it dry... repeat over and over and over until the rubber is thick enough... it takes alot of time.

Alsso latex mold-builder is pretty expensive... and I'm pretty sure that it will break down faster because it is organic, not synthetic rubber.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sean Bradley said:
You coulld, but it might take you 5 years and cost 10 times what other mold rubber costs.

You have to build latex up in layers. Paint it on, let it dry... repeat over and over and over until the rubber is thick enough... it takes alot of time.

Alsso latex mold-builder is pretty expensive... and I'm pretty sure that it will break down faster because it is organic, not synthetic rubber.
ok then thanks alot it helps....i know of a michaels near me ....but its very expensive for only a mere 2 ounces

so is it worth the money or should i try making the well known corn starch clay lol?

EDIT*

i have beside me about two or three pounds of wallboard compound as well ....is that the same as plaster....can that be used for anything?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back