Build Up Towards Halo Hall of Armor (3 Suits and counting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camaro91

Well I've been lurking in the shadows of this site for a long time and decided to join up this summer. I've loved Halo since the very beginning it got me into fps gaming when I was a kid and now at 21 (yea I started young) I've started to progress towards my dream of owning a suit. Well that dream came and then I had the idea to get a few more, I left it vague in order to keep going and filling the room.

I started first making a Reach suit but then I had to do some training for the Army this summer and my plans and time shifted but I got in touch with a few guys that were offering suits and was lucky enough to meet TheBradinator, who sold me his old Reach suit. Almost a perfect fit, he's just a tad taller, but that was an easy fix.

Right now I am sitting on a full Reach build that I got from my bud TheBradinator (member who scratch built his H4 suit) and then modified it for myself. Had to paint the helm to match and I got close, also added my K-State Wildcat patch to the chest piece, gotta rep my school being #2. I suck at taking photos of myself with the suit on, either my gloves won’t let me touch my phone or I drop it lol so I'll have more full photos of that one since I'll be wearing it to a local contest on Halloween.

Photos…(some are brighter have a kitchen light over them)

Here is how I got it, different Helmet though.
12.jpg

Then painted this Helm to match
DSC_0008.jpg

Me without Helm
IMG_20121029_114024.jpg

IMG_20121029_113942.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

Next up is a suit that I picked up from a guy who bought it from Ithica (flex foam, then resin helm/chest/back) It was in rough shape. I had to trim it, reform a few pieces, prime it, paint it, suit up. And right now I am waiting on the last part, since it's 85% complete. Just need to finish the helmet and then work on an undersuit and attaching it all together.

It was all painted by me by hand with acrylics, it was long but fun. Let me know what you guys think.

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

Too many photos for one post, so here goes #2
DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

Not the biggest fan of this Helmet cast, wanting to get a CerealKiller helm
DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

Long post I know and a lot of photos but hope you enjoyed!

Cheers

Welcome aboard! Cool costumes! I like the Emile type helmet and knife! Looks good on you xD

Keep up the great work!

The one with the Pilot Helm and the knife is TheBradinator lol

No progress with the MC suit. But I took out the Reach one to a contest last night and didn't even place, the contest was jacked up. But people and the manager even said I had the best costume. People kept taking photos with me all night. My phone dead so I'm trying to find some of the photos that were taken so I can post them up. Had a blast even though a few drunk people thought I was a transformer...

Drunk people...
WE hates them!...

Best solution is a Silenced M6 cap to the knees... That'll teach m to control their drinking! xD

Looking forward to see those pictures! Too bad the contest was rigged, but hey! That's life for you right there! At least EVERYONE told you your costume was DA BOMB!
And if not, let ME tell you it's friggin awesome!

Here are two from my Gamestop both of these girls were employees and the second one I don't know who this is but he did say he was a member here.

image.jpg

image2.jpg

I should have more rolling is as a lot of people took photos and I gave them my card to email me a copy, but at least I got two.

AWESOME DUDE!

I envy you guys so much. Midnight releases and costumes and everything there in the states. And me stuck at my base pulling off guard duty. Worst H4 launch EVERY!
On the plus... I AM dragging a real AR around WITH live ammo! Not everyone gets to do that tonight. XD

Hope you can get extra pics!

No new photos of the release, I guess everyone who took a card got caught up in playing Halo lol oh well at least I got those. And I am so excited because I get to add a piece of Halo history to my collection today!

A full suit of Nightmare Armor Studios Halo armor! I know it's not the most accurate suit ever made but I remember seeing these online back in 2002 when I was...11 (had to do math) and loved that someone made the armor for the games. I did research and saw that they were selling for over $3000 and I thought to myself I will save up for one. Then I heard that they got shut down due to copy rights, etc. and my dreams were crushed.

Fast forward ten years, and a few months ago I saw one on ebay that sold for $2000+ still out of my price range, but three weeks ago I found an ad on Craigslist (scam right?) but I contacted him anyways and asked for more photos, looked like it was legit. Then he asked for a money order...I said no. So then I got another email saying that he signed up for a paypal account. I jumped on it since I would be backed by paypal for that 45 day period if it was in fact a scam.

Today, Two weeks after I paid 8 boxes showed up on my door. Here is just a teaser as I have to dust it all off and then get an undersuit. It's only missing a few little pieces (the detailed portion of the top of the boot, and a two parts for the cod) but for $500 for a suit that is worth way more and brings the feeling of Halo to me since I was a little kid I couldn't be happier!!!!

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002-1.jpg

DSC_0003-1.jpg

I am so stoked to have it! I asked for a mannequin for Christmas so I can display this one first, then more mannequins will come so I can display all of them lol But this one has the most sentimental value to me by far

Welcome to the family Camaro91!

I've got mine currently boxed away waiting for refurbishment. And I have to redo the paint job. I want it just like yours! Could you help me out there with some very close up pictures of the paint job? How does it fit you btw? Mine is HUGE!
I'm 1m 76cm close to 6 foot(?). And I ha to trim down the shin parts! And lose the belt plates for it to fit on me. Not to mention I still got to get me a body armour under suit for the costume.

In case you were wondering how I got mine. I payed the full 2000$ blast for a Kit version! Which and with a broken shin part...

Still as you said. It's history! Glad to see you showing it here. I was having serious doubts on wether selling or keeping. Keeping it's going to be!

Thanks an enjoy yours!

I will post some more photos in a week since I went home for Thanksgiving break.

There's a few parts where the paint is chipped on mine but I'm going to leave it since I cannot match NAS paint since they used automotive style paint and a paint booth too give it that sparkle, what they are famous for among other things.

Mine is sized pretty small, which is good since I'm 5'8 but I'm only going to wear it once to take photos then it'll be a display only piece. I still need to get a motorcycle jacket for mine too hence no full body photos.

Totally keep it, only 53 were made and who knows how many have survived?

Oh I am enjoying it, love the paint scheme and the history about it.

Very nice. If you wanted to, you could take it to an auto paint store, and they can match the color exactly. But you would still need to have the proper equipment to paint it. Looking forward to seeing it all finished.

I prefer to leave mine as is, looks battle damaged a little and it's not a big problem on my suit, wouldn't want to risk ruining it lol

Finished painting my MC helmet, haven't had a chance to get the visor in yet.

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0004-1.jpg

DSC_0003-2.jpg

So here are all my helmets that I have so far
DSC_0002-2.jpg

Also started working on a Jun/Emile builds will let me stay busy over the holidays, didn't start taking photos til I was priming but here is my painting studio, been too cold outside to have the paint bond. (awesome industrial ventilation helps a lot)
IMG_20121202_131201.jpg

But I did have a good Black Friday got 4 nerf guns for really cheap and also got a lot of foam to help me out. Started working on Jun's sniper and decided to make a few. Here is my progress. All scratch built, made my own stencils so I can make them all similar without spending all the time in the world on each one.

IMG_20121127_085544.jpg

DSC_0001-1.jpg

Ran out of foamies before I could catch the fourth one up, and since Hobby Lobby is closed on Sunday's couldn't get anymore just yet.

Well I finished foaming my Jun and Emile suits, was going to plasti dip them today but it's just still too cold out for it to bond with the foam.

All I have left to make are the boots, and hand plates.

Here is a photo of the two chest pieces, Jun on the left and Emile on the right

IMG_20121222_134241.jpg

Probably make two separate threads for these when they are done since I have way more photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back