Builders recommendations Master Chief

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh117

Hi new member here looking for recommendations on finding builders for a complete Master Chief costume preferably from Halo 4 and 5. I'm not much of a builder and currently do not have the space for it.

I discovered this suit
wearable master chief suit

But not entirely sold on it due to some inaccuracies. But I am wanting a high quality heavy duty suit. Checked around on EBay and Etsy but figured you guys know whats best. So if anyone could point me in the right direction that be appreciated. Thanks.

Well just looking it over really quick. I personally can't see to Many inaccuracies on the link you provided (been looking at the Halo 4 reference pics alot lately) and that is a very High Quality build other than the under suit being a bit off. From what I have seen here alot if not almost everyone builds there suits and there is a TON of information on that but I havent seen any links or posts on already premade/ build for hire posts. Best bet would to look in the for sale section of the forums.

I've looked in the for sale section and there wasn't any complete costumes for sale. And I probably sounded harsher than I intended on the suit its just a few minor things. I honestly like it alot but would prefer some more detail battle damage, scratches, etc. But it is a great suit. I just wanted to see if there were any other quality builders or reputable shops to compare this suit to.

I looked through there site and there is a notes section at the end I'm sure you could ask for some minor battle damage effects. For that price I don't think dry brushing a little silver and some dremel marks would break the deal.

as for Other sites that one you posted is the Highest quality I have seen. The ebay/ ones you can buy from a mass producer look cheap.

Thats a good point I'll have to ask because I'd like it to be layered underneath the green. But I'm not sure how or if it would affect they're painting process since they already do multiple layers. Doesn't hurt to ask though.

$2400 is pretty damn good for that quality, I could see a hobby builder charge that much for a commissioned piece based on a suit at the same level of detail will be a huge time investment and several hundred dollars of silicone and casting resin or having access to an industrial sized vacuum former.

Yea that's what im finding out so far. I've talked to a couple of builders and so far decent quality is around $1900. I just wanted to get some opinions and explore other options before committing.

Hell just in man hours alone on my latest pepakura build i'm reaching about 1,000 hours and its not even close to that quality of work. (I need a 3D printer lol)

nearfinal_santa_4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back