Bulky Reach Grenadier Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

houge

Hey guys, I've finally decided to get off my rear end and try and finish a build for once. Most of this stuff is straight forward, I've got the helmet made from pepakura and will be 3d printing what I can fit on my prusa mini, but the chest plate is the one I'm worried about. I usually have to scale stuff up 10-20% to account for my height, and the UA grenadier chest set is BULKY as heck, so 3d printing is out of the question. Do you guys recommend paper or foam for this sort of thing? I'm much more comfortable with paper, although it will be more expensive and time consuming. On the other hand, I haven't found any foam templates for this specific chestplate so... yeah.

Pics of what I have so far are below, I look forward to keeping you guys updated.

Attachments

• 20210713165037_1.jpg
    20210713165037_1.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 162
  • 20220422_160459.jpg
    20220422_160459.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 130
Helmet looks great! I'd say foam is a good way to go for the chest, though if you get your rigging right, you could still do it from pep and have the weight distributed comfortably. If you do go with foam, there are pep unfolds in the armory, which you could simplify and turn into foam patterns.

Helmet looks great! I'd say foam is a good way to go for the chest, though if you get your rigging right, you could still do it from pep and have the weight distributed comfortably. If you do go with foam, there are pep unfolds in the armory, which you could simplify and turn into foam patterns.
Thanks for the tip. Foam was my initial plan, but the armory file is indeed for paper. What's the conversion process look like? I'm not particularly skilled with pep designer.
My advantage with paper though is that I do have access to a large format laser cutter and plenty of thick paper, so I could save big on cutting time.

Thanks for the tip. Foam was my initial plan, but the armory file is indeed for paper. What's the conversion process look like? I'm not particularly skilled with pep designer.
My advantage with paper though is that I do have access to a large format laser cutter and plenty of thick paper, so I could save big on cutting time.
I haven't watched the video yet, but Benton188 has done a comprehensive tutorial on converting paper Pepakura files to foam:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back