Bullet proof Rondo idea for the professionals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone considered how suspicious this is? Make armor that's bulletproof? Perhaps we should keep this idea more private so it doesn't become misinterpreted or fall I to the wrong hands.

and a segmented skirt in the rear to protect the back of the neck down to the collar of the armor. The best way I could describe it is more akin to a samurai helmet, but with the rear made of overlapping kevlar sheets.

if you have a kevlar vest. your still going to get bruised ribs. all kevlar will do is stop the bullet from going through your neck. instead if will spread the force of impact and shatter you spine, killing you in a very painful way or if you live, turning you into a paraplegic.

all in all, this site if for making props, not fully functioning battle armor. just saying.

Has anyone considered how suspicious this is? Make armor that's bulletproof? Perhaps we should keep this idea more private so it doesn't become misinterpreted or fall I to the wrong hands.

why restrict someone's creativity because it makes you uncomfortable? I say if someone wants to make "bulletproof" armor then good on them and I wouldn't mind them telling us how they did it.

omni shift
- depending on the thickness or kevlar, if it's stitched or resined, and the size and kinetic energy of the round will dictate the physical impact on the human body. kevlar will not and does not stop all rounds.

My question is Why in the world would you guys want to make a bullet proof costume?, you can barely move around in a Spartan costume as it is, I would leave bullet proof suit making to the proffesionals that have proper ways of tesing the armor out with diffrent calibers of amunition

My question is Why in the world would you guys want to make a bullet proof costume?, you can barely move around in a Spartan costume as it is, I would leave bullet proof suit making to the proffesionals that have proper ways of tesing the armor out with diffrent calibers of amunition

Professional - self proclaimed "expert" in what ever field they choose.

Like I said, if someone wants to do it let them do it. Seriously, the guy who invented body armor was a pizza dilvery man. Google was started by a college student. Apple was started in a garage. Powered aircraft came from bicycle builders. So who's to say that someone on this very site is incapable of designing a new type of ligit armor? If I had the pocket book I'd be using kevlar and resin vs. auto shop fiberglass, resin and bondo.

ive actually given this a fair amount of thought as well. while i have no military background and know little about body armor, i think it would be badass to have a battle ready suit.

in my oppinion, the reach mark V would offer the best protection to mobility ratio. certain parts are bulky enough to offer some serious protection like the chest, upper arms, shins and thighs while also having the appropriate grooves for movement. places like the chest could be jam packed with body armor with all the available spaces inside. imagine if jason-078's design was implemented inside and was able to be 3 times as thick. sure its not the smallest alternative but all of your uber-important organs would be untouchable if the kinetic energy could be dispersed and you could KEEP rolling.

just my thoughts

Why? I am on the government's radar from my time in the military. As for making a better bulletproof armor, I have been doing this since I was an armorer in the Army. I had the support of my commander and still do. To the point of, he has let me know that he will let me on range when the snipers are qualifying and let them crack off a few shots at my finished product. If it can stand up to an armor-piercing .50 sliber sniper round, it can stand up to anything.

if you have a kevlar vest. your still going to get bruised ribs. all kevlar will do is stop the bullet from going through your neck. instead if will spread the force of impact and shatter you spine, killing you in a very painful way or if you live, turning you into a paraplegic.
The shroud on the back of the helmet, it will help to deflect the bullet away from the central portion of the neck. You'd be surprised how many injuries come from soldiers who are hit on the neck by shrapnel or get the random casing down the back of the neck. I have a couple of scars from the shells that just cooked off a round and cooled against my skin.

all in all, this site if for making props, not fully functioning battle armor. just saying.
Actually, we are here as prop builders and costumers. As Demo084 states, some ideas come from the most unlikely sources.

As for making a bulletproof costume, that's just silly. Though, I wouldn't mind a costume I can do some moves in without it cracking or breaking. I am looking at making a bulletproof body armor and selling my idea to the military. Not making it like Spartan armor, as I said, I have come to like my abdomen too much. And I do have access to various calibers of ammunition to test the armor with.

Agree with Jason. If you have an endless pocket and could afford to build a titanium alloy suit that looked like any set of the Halo universe armor. I'm sure you'd be doing something else with the money. But throughing ideas back and forth on how to build something to withstand the PSI and impact cause by a bullet could also assist in building more resilent armor for movie props, etc.

I say never bash a man's ideas because they don't sound "good" to you. People always said we would never fly, go to space, the earth is flat, everything revolves around the earth, you can not go faster than the speed of sound, etc. The point is to spread your ideas on different techniques and combine ideas to come up with something awesome.

I'm sorry, I was just stating my opinion, and never meant to "bash" any ideas. I merely, wanted to stimulate thought about the moral implications of this idea. [Sarcasm at 0%]

I'm sorry, I was just stating my opinion, and never meant to "bash" any ideas. I merely, wanted to stimulate thought about the moral implications of this idea. [Sarcasm at 0%]
No, no, you are 100% correct. It is the moral implications that I was looking at, too. Believe me, I think nothing is more moral than helping to save the lives of troops in combat, police on the street, and others who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. You are entirely correct in your suspicions about our motives.

Let me assure that my motives for this project are true. I served for 9 years and was in Iraq, Ashcanistan, and a couple of other hot spots. I got blown up, shot a couple of times (they itch more than hurt). Had I the armor that I am designing, I wouldn't need the replacement knee that I have not have the pain in the hip when it storms where the bullet hit me.

This idea is more than just being the first to design something, it is to help others to keep them from some of the problems that I have myself. So, you are right to question my motives. In this era, it is only safe. However, my motives are truly for the better.

In the end it might not truly be bulletproof, but the concept migiht be sound enough to make prop armor that won't get chewed to pieces during paintball or airsoft games. I know a lot of people here in the forums have wanted to wear their armor in the field, but have been discouraged by multiple youtube videos and other sources showing that neither fiberglass nor foam armor alone can really stand up to the abuse. Perhaps a reinforcing layer based on this concept might keep the armor itself from being blown apart without the expense (or weight) of full-metal or heavily kevlar-ed armor. And I've been thinking a thick coat or two of clear plasti-dip, buffed smoooth between coats to keep it as clear and unobtrusive as possible, might keep the paintjob intact as well. Certainly something for the experienced armor builders to consider.

No, no, you are 100% correct. It is the moral implications that I was looking at, too. Believe me, I think nothing is more moral than helping to save the lives of troops in combat, police on the street, and others who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. You are entirely correct in your suspicions about our motives.

Let me assure that my motives for this project are true. I served for 9 years and was in Iraq, Ashcanistan, and a couple of other hot spots. I got blown up, shot a couple of times (they itch more than hurt). Had I the armor that I am designing, I wouldn't need the replacement knee that I have not have the pain in the hip when it storms where the bullet hit me.

Thank you for serving

This idea is more than just being the first to design something, it is to help others to keep them from some of the problems that I have myself. So, you are right to question my motives. In this era, it is only safe. However, my motives are truly for the better.

Thank you for recognizing my motives and accepting that I may have a different opinion. My father recently had surgery for an injury he received while in the Navy. I understand your motivations. This IS an interesting concept; I do not refute that at all. I just feel that many people are not as mature as the people of the 405th. Please continue your conceptualizing and know you have my support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back