Bungie All Stars - Week 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a chance for all of us to win stars! Check it out.

Bungie All Stars - Week 16
Posted by urk at 4/25/2011 10:12 AM PDT

Score some face time!

I'm taking inspiration from two separate sources this week. Stosh though it would be cool to ask you to fashion Spartan helmets out of cardboard, don them, and take a photograph of your work. Mcmit emailed me and suggested it could be cool to have the community submit drawings that showed off unique ideas for in game helmets. Let's do both!

Take a screenshot or photograph that showcases a magnificent Spartan or Elite helmet (existing or fabricated from scratch). In-game screenshots will be judged independently of artwork and handcrafted helmets.
You have from this very second until Thursday, April 28th at 11:59pm PT to submit your entry for consideration to contest@bungie.com.
Use the subject line “Bungie All Star Week 16” without the quotation marks.
The size limit for attachments is 10MB. Include a preview image and a link to the original in your file share, or an external host for artwork.
One submission per person. Please include your Bungie.net profile and gamertag in your email.

If you plan on building your own helmet, you don't need to follow Stosh's advice and use cardboard only. Any non-toxic material will do. If you plan on working with dangerous tools or materials, make sure you follow the necessary safety guidelines. Since this week's rules have plenty of wrinkles, I'll attach a discussion thread and answer questions as needed.

Go!

Just saw that on B.net. It'll be cool to see what everyone comes up with and who enters from the 405th. Good luck to everyone.

Funny I was just thinking that everyone put all their pictures into one mosaic or something :p

It has to be new? like no helmet that were posted already on the internet or something.

Funny I was just thinking that everyone put all their pictures into one mosaic or something :p

It has to be new? like no helmet that were posted already on the internet or something.

Yeah. It needs to be your own work.

The posting suggests sending in cardboard helmets, but I think that's lame. I think we should stick it to the man and show Bungie what real helmets look like. Bradinator and Blackula... I'm looking at you! ;)

Awww, I was hoping I was the only 405th member to notice that! haha ;)

I might enter, but since I don't have a full suit finished, I'm limited to doing something with my helmet. And probably Photoshop too. We'll see. Good luck!

Anyone on here get themselves a star? This one was me, no star though :(

Bnet said:
Of course, we received a lot of other custom content, too. Including some submissions that clearly took longer than a week to create. Some of you were really honest (‘sup, 405th).
NoContest.jpg

I had made a submission, but alas... no win. :( So don't feel bad. I'm sure that there were many of us who submitted.

Also, I found that "urk" was not active enough with answering questions or with providing a clear understanding of the rules in the dissussion thread. ie. to deal with the wrinkles in the rules.

The comment about "Including some submissions that clearly took longer than a week to create." Leads me to belive that the submission had to be created between the start date and end date of the contest. Again Urk failed to mention this in the rules.

Epic failure to communicate and follow up :(

Cheers!

Yeah Longshot I was really hoping he'd chime in on that too, but he never did... I gave some serious thought to building a cardboard Gungnir helmet since that could be done in a day or two but I was waiting on urk to address if we could submit old helmets we had... Ended up delaying it too long and just took those pics instead.
Oh well, at least the 405th got a Bungie Shoutout!

I don't know who did it, but i think i got ripped off lol

Some ones submission.
sunset.jpg

My comic cover
leto_alpha_cover_art_by_forgedreclaimer-d3c5qu7.jpg

Same map to, just weird lol. Probably a coincidence but i did make mine long before the challenge.

I don't know who did it, but i think i got ripped off lol
My comic cover

Same map to, just weird lol. Probably a coincidence but i did make mine long before the challenge.
Yours beats his any day, dude. Anyways, it was awesome to get the shout out. I did recognize a few submissions from fellow 405th members. Definitely the cream of the crop. Ruze, I definitely think that you deserve a star. Your submission was much better than those cereal box helmet submissions. I betcha that they belong to 501st wannabees. ;)

It was cool to see some 405th submissions on there. Definitely a refresh from the ones that came before. Great job for those who actually submitted something. Way to represent and get a shoutout.

I'm glad we got a shout out. I have always felt that Bungie sees us as the crazy cousin in the Halo Community Family. But at least we made an appereance and were recognized for it. I am really mad about how ignorant the other people were and just made a helmet out of a cereal box instead of looking it up and seeing that we actually have a process on how to make things out of carboard.

I am really mad about how ignorant the other people were and just made a helmet out of a cereal box instead of looking it up and seeing that we actually have a process on how to make things out of carboard.
The problem is it's really hard to make a decent helmet in four days, especially with life and everything else in the way. Maybe after seeing Ruze's stuff and the Recon helmet (is that Blackula's?), some people will be curious enough to start that epic quest to find the Jerusalem of armor making: the 405th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back