Bungie Says "goodbye" To Halo After Odst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Bradley

Sr Member
Kotaku has an interesting tidbit up today. IGN spoke with Brian Jarrard about Bungie's plans AFTER Halo 3 ODST.. which DON'T include anything else Halo-related:
Overall though, we are viewing the ODST campaign and the included multiplayer maps as the final exclamation point in our ongoing efforts to extend the Halo 3 experience. We're really grateful to our fans for standing by Halo 3 for so long and continuing to show us such strong support.

Oh, and they're using the picture of Adam on the pooper to illustrate this. o_O

chiefbog.jpg

Personally I'm not sure if he meant that it was the final work on Halo 3, or if he means that it's their final work with ANYTHING Halo related... Kotaku has been known to misinterpret Bungie's intentionally vague announcements before.

Thoughts?

Story is here: http://kotaku.com/5146692/bungie-says-goodbye-to-halo-3

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand it fully.
They should make anything halo related anymore, you dont wanto squeese the hole concept down.
Like microsoft is doing with halo wars in my opinion. But thats just my opinion.

Hopefully they will move on and make a new big interesting concept that every one would love to play.

I don't know if Bungie will truly leave Halo behind, because it just has so much to be added to it. I do however support them in the point that a new game will be good for their image. I also think it will help break the mold from the makers of Halo and put them in their rightful place as one of the largest game studios in America.

- Adulese

Yeah, they probably won't stop it, but Bungie has to make itself famous for more games, remember it's been Halo for a long time, plus there is still Halo Wars, Halo 3:ODST, and the still mysterious Halo:Chronicles that no one knows anything about. Plus they will eventually make a Halo movie. ( I hope Hollywood won't ruin it. :cautious: )

I imagine that MS will give Bungie a nudge here and there occasionally to see if they'll make another Halo-related game in the future.

I'm sure they'll still keep up with playlist adjustments and improvements. Just no more additional content.

If Bungie did make a new game franchise, I'd be interested to see what they come up with being able to start fresh.

Now we wait patiently for Bungie's next game franchise... It'll be interesting to see what they will come up with. ONI 2, perhaps? That would kick ass.

I'm sure that the next time Sean Connery drops by the Bungie Podcast he'll have something to say on the subject:

51S3M8Q8YML._SL500_AA240_.jpg

23Magnum said:

o_O I taught it was :p my mistake. But it does have the same assault rifle if I believe. What is it then??

rundown said:
o_O I taught it was :p my mistake. But it does have the same assault rifle if I believe. What is it then??

More like System Shock if you've ever played that. Though System Shock probably took some aspects from Marathon. Been awhile since I've played it.

I think they just meant it's the end of new DLC for Halo 3. So no more maps and stuff, but I'm sure they will still support with playlist changes and such until their next big game comes out.

The Halo Universe is too big, they could easily make a new game that doesn't have to do with the Master Chief. Personally, I'd love a Fall of Reach game...huge, epic battle with all the Spartans at your side.

Now here's the main thing then..

Now that they will be venturing into new things, will they be hiring??
I'm still job searching, and more than willing to bug them again ;)

It sounds like they are only ending the halo 3 series... which I thought was going to finish with Halo 3 anyway, so it doesn’t bother me. I don’t mind if they've completely finished with the halo universe either, because if their next game is just as good as the halo series ill be very happy :D
As long as it doesn’t mean M$ will start messing with the Halo universe, because they will eventually stuff it up.

I understand if they're quitting Halo, but I don't think that's what they were saying.

Either way, If another company takes over...

I want gore in Halo god damn it.

I want the body parts to flop around too, not just roll around like they're made of concrete.

From what I understand, It's the end of the "Halo 3 experience", I say let's move onto Halo 4 ; )

-Doom

Or Halo left, the series based on the whatever is to the left of MC through the story.

I'm waiting for a story where elites go to their planet, and come back a year later gunz blazing and we're all fighting back while trying to find out what the hell they're doing.....

Tell that to Joe, Doom. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back