Bungie To Give Recon During Valentines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tater Mane said:
Wow! Another way for people to get Recon!

What happened to people getting Recon for doing something awesome?
That's what I've been thinking. :cautious:

Last edited by a moderator:
So NOBODY remembers the valentine's day massacre from last year? I'm guessing they will be giving out Recon just like that for those that are wondering.

-Doom

Doom said:
So NOBODY remembers the valentine's day massacre from last year? I'm guessing they will be giving out Recon just like that for those that are wondering.

-Doom
No I remember it, it is in the quote.But I didn't play it last year, so I don't know how Were supposed to get it.

I'd just wait till Halo 3 ODST comes out and unlock the vidmaster achievments. It's a 1 out of a million trying to get Recon on the Doubles Playlist for Valentines Day.

I wish you guys luck though if you participate.

Maybe Bungie is giving recon out to the couple with the most kills on a mongoose or other vehicle. Recently Keegan posted a topic about Bungie posting a picture of a hotwheels car in their podcast. :D

Veritech017 said:
Well, Recon isn't all too impressive anyways. It's the rareness that makes people want it.
It wasn't the look of the armor that was appealing, it was the fact that Bungie thought you were awesome, and they personally gave you a reward for it.

Tater Mane said:
It wasn't the look of the armor that was appealing, it was the fact that Bungie thought you were awesome, and they personally gave you a reward for it.
If that's the case, I would already have it.
JK :p

Don't care, gonna stay the Hell away from this one.

If all Recon amounts to is a bunch of whiny pre- and post-pubescent children clamoring over each other for it like dogs to a sausage link, then so be it. I'll earn mine through achievements, and never even touch it.

It's not even that good-looking. It's the fact that it's rare that has people screaming for it, and to be perfectly honest, it's quite embarrassing how people will act at the chance to get it. Makes me sort of embarrassed to be a Halo fan, if the majority of the fanbase will run up the walls at the briefest mention of getting what is honestly the worst-looking armor of the set.

Anyone with sore toes after that one - please, stow it. If you want to go balls-postal for an in-game permutation, don't let me stop you. I just find the whole thing foolish.

Crucible said:
Don't care, gonna stay the Hell away from this one.

If all Recon amounts to is a bunch of whiny pre- and post-pubescent children clamoring over each other for it like dogs to a sausage link, then so be it. I'll earn mine through achievements, and never even touch it.

It's not even that good-looking. It's the fact that it's rare that has people screaming for it, and to be perfectly honest, it's quite embarrassing how people will act at the chance to get it. Makes me sort of embarrassed to be a Halo fan, if the majority of the fanbase will run up the walls at the briefest mention of getting what is honestly the worst-looking armor of the set.

Anyone with sore toes after that one - please, stow it. If you want to go balls-postal for an in-game permutation, don't let me stop you. I just find the whole thing foolish.

If you don't care and say that you are "gonna stay the Hell away from this one" then why did you just post that hate-post in the first place. ;)

I'm not truly bothered about Recon, But its worth a try.
I'll be asking xxFemaleSpartanxx, Considering her GT has the word "Chick" in it.
Kindof gives it away that she's a girl.

Fernzy3 said:
If you don't care and say that you are "gonna stay the Hell away from this one" then why did you just post that hate-post in the first place. ;)

Because I felt like giving all the wonderful kiddies out there in Halo land something new to rage and angst over ;)

The fact that I won't be participating in this thinly-veiled excuse for the fanboys to go killing each other and themselves for an over-rated in-game armor permutation doesn't exclude me from the right to tell you that I'm going to be one of the ones sitting back throughout the entire thing, laughing at the immaturity of some of the hopefuls.

In other words: big deal, it's Recon. Nothing we haven't seen, or heard of, before. But, feel free to go nuts over it, by all means. I'll earn mine when the time comes instead of leaping through hoops for it.

Well, I'm just gonna wait for ODST to come out, because I rather earn Recon then get it through chance, finally screaming for all in the world to hear saying... Ï Haz Reconz, lollollollollollollollollolloll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Listenz to my ROFLCOPTER, it goez SOISOISOISOISOISOISOISOISOI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!

Here's another quote from the new Blog

"
Starting now (11am PDT, February 12) and lasting through Valentine's Day to Monday at 2am, V-Day Massacre returns as a ranked Double EXP weekend for pairs. That's right, ranked Team Doubles, Slayer and Slayer BRs. What better way could one spend such an auspicious holiday with the lady in his life?* But don't worry, single boys and girls, we've got your back too. If you go in alone and you meet that special someone that will drop a double kill just as you think you're done for, you'll be able to party up with them after your first match and continue slaying like the soul mates you are."

That will drop a double kill ah?
Wasn't Halo 3 ODST's slogan " Prepare to drop " ?
Well I think they just gave the 'secret' criteria away...

yeah I heard this too, but looks like its kinda difficult, you have to have some one on your team get a double kill right as you were about to lose and then party up with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back