ButterBacon300's Noble Six Armor 3d Print and Foam Build

ButterBacon3000

I have been saying that I was going to start a build since October, but never got around to it until today lol. This will definitely take me longer to finish than it should because I share a printer with a friend and it's at their house, so I can't use it very often, but here goes nothing.
597953527.jpg

I finally started printing my noble six default helmet. Took me long enough. I hope it turns out okay. I've never done anything like this before.

ButterBacon3000

Thx I've been looking forward to doing something like this for a long time. I should be able to finish the helmet next time I visit my friend's house (the one who ones the printer) which should be later this week.

he4thbar

Looking good so far! Don't forget to sand the helmet after it's fully printed and assembled so you have a smooth texture instead of gritty layers. (y)
second this, from what i've seen(I don't 3d print) people will also add a thin layer of spot putty to their pieces and sand down for a smooth finish as well.

ButterBacon3000

he4thbar, yes a lot of people do it that way and it works well, another option is filler primer spray. It is a really thick primer that usually fills cracks and crevices pretty well. That's most likely what I will use. :)

ButterBacon3000

You call printing a helmet in 2 pieces tiny?? o_O Man I pretty much printed 2 sets of armor with a printer that was152 x 152 x 152 mm. Albeit they were 4’6” Spartans . Looks like a good start! Look forward to seeing both pieces of the helmet together.
Wow you printed 2 sets of armor? that's awesome! if you have any tips please share them... i have absolutely no idea what i'm doing. :lol:

SI3RRA 117

Looking good. Anxious to see it come together. I’d like to print one of these helmets as well. I just have that “would like to build list” and that “time to build list” problem.
Wow you printed 2 sets of armor? that's awesome! if you have any tips please share them... i have absolutely no idea what i'm doing. :lol:
You can check out my builds hereIntroducing Spitfire Company 3D Print + EVA foam to see all of my ups and downs in the 3D printing world. But they never did get truly finished. I got both armor sets to that 90% done 90% to go stage and sadly they outgrew them. But that’s on me, took over 2 years to get them that far.
So good luck and look forward to seeing some more progress.

Last edited: