C2E2 2021 Info and Roll Call: December 10-12th (Chicago, IL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NobleofDeath16

Division PR and RCO
Division Staff
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S511
Description: Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo is one of the Midwest's fastest-growing comic, pop-culture, and cosplay centric "Comic-Con"'s of the region. Celebrities, artists, voice actors and the like are all invited each year to the McCormick Place Center in Chicago each year to celebrate all things pop culture, and to give their fans what they want; a place to geek out over all their favorite media

Date: December 10th through December 12th, 2021. (Condensed: 12/10/2021 - 12/12/2021)

Location: McCormick Place Center South Building, Chicago IL. (Google Maps link here.)

Event Website:
We are currently ironing out details for this convention as of earlier this year. We would like any and all help from members for securing intel as follows:
  • Photographers and/or interested photographers willing to work with Regiment Staff on photoshoots.
  • Members planning to attend who may need room accommodation assistance and/or roommates.
As a member who has frequented this convention successfully since it's early days I will now provide additional details/information to be taken with a grain of salt due to it being opinion, and in no way to be taken as fact or 100% accurate information.

1. Out of the few years, I have gone, for anyone who plans on driving each day or keeping their car in any location, I highly suggest bypassing Lot A and Lot B and going straight for Lot C. Not only has it proven to always have space, it is also always the last lot the con will attempt filling. Saturday it is always suggested to embark on the journey to the con early for Saturday because of how fast these lots fill up. As well as that, the walk to and from Lot C yield wonderful areas for photo shoots, whether they be indoor or outdoor. Inclement weather this year, in particular, must be factored in due to how early the convention will be.
  2. Plan for heavy security routines each day of the conventions. Make sure your weapons are properly tagged before the convention to expedite the trip through the metal detectors and with staff as each day passes by. You will have to pass through them every time you leave the con's main area so make those trips in and out counts.
  3. This convention varies in how strict they are on how present your pass must be while on the show floor. I suggest integrating your lanyard/pass into your suits for ease of access and easy to hide for photos. ( One of our members has a perfect example of this by his magnetics on his suit concealing the lanyard and he is able to remove the plate with ease in checkpoints)
  4. The Hyatt hotel is directly connected to the convention center and makes for a large hub of pre and 0ost con day activities. As well as that, it has a few bars and a restaurant connected to it. It makes for a great space as well to plan out daily activities with friends and other members. Unfortunately, you have to go through security to go from the Lot C approach entrance to the hotel and vice versa each time. Goes back to the saying, Make your trips count. Carrying quick repair kits with a handler or on your suit is suggested for this con in particular.
  5. The green line runs through and to McCormick Place. While this info will not help everyone it is good to note.
Local Hotels: (Descends by Distance)
  • Hyatt Regency McCormick Place (Connected to Con Center) (HERE)
  • Marriott Marquis Chicago (Connected to Con Center) (HERE)
  • Hilton Garden Inn (West McCormick) (HERE)
  • The Wheeler Mansion (HERE)
  • Chicago South Loop Hotel (HERE)
Final Thoughts:

Compared to last year, this convention will now be significantly COLDER. Also coming off the heels of a rocky 2020 from COVID, lets do our best to make this the best con we can with our friends! Because of when this con falls, there is no outdoor photoshoots being planned as the "405th Official " shoot. However, this is at the discretion of members if they choose to do so on their own.

Confirmed "Boots on Ground":
- Soloakel
- iac300
- OtherODSTBuck (Saturday) +1 Handler
- marinesniper +1 Handler
- TinyTim
- Sierra Charlie
- UltimateTM

Tentative Responses:

Hotel Reservations:
Unavailable through C2E2 until the date is closer.

Badge Purchase:
Dinner Plans:

Pardon our dust, as we sort this out.

Photoshoot:

The photoshoot will be on Saturday, December 11th, 2021.
Time: 10:30 am to 11:30 am.
Indoor Shoot: McCormick West Building near the Hilton Garden Skywalk.

Photographer Information:

No confirmed photographer.

87666105_211168106937460_6170343226537410560_n.jpg87877130_172869257501865_4543091052793298944_n.jpg88968638_10222124257878035_1844772484667146240_n.jpg89001614_10222124257758032_7598360633448333312_n.jpg

Photos of the shooting site, and directions provided.
The easiest access to this location is to travel to the entrance to the Hyatt Hotel in the south building, and head up the set of escalators as shown. You will then cross the skywalk and end up next to a Starbucks. Continue walking forward till you are near escalators again, and then turn right. It is a straight shot afterward and you should see a Wintrust sign and a large number of windows

We do also have other locations planned in case the location is either in use or does not fit the needs of the crew that morning. We will have members setting up in the location before the designated time to make sure everything is set to go for the shoots. Us this video as a reference to where to find the escalator and what the area you are looking for looks like.

No outdoor site is being provided due to time of season this con will be happening. Members may chose to do so of their own discretion. Official photoshoot will only be held indoors.

Last edited:
I will be there for at least 1 day(Saturday) with at least 1 handler confirmed. So boots on the ground for that.

Depending on how my bank account looks, might be there all 3 days. Hopefully I will find the photo shoot this time

NobleofDeath16 the fact you didn’t automatically add me as going hurts :cry:

C2E2 2020 was a blast, with the possibility of a HOD 2021 this would be an excellent first large outing or maybe even a first convention or even hangout event for those itching for that large group con experience!

Oh and 388 days until C2E2 2021!

I will be there for at least 1 day(Saturday) with at least 1 handler confirmed. So boots on the ground for that.

Depending on how my bank account looks, might be there all 3 days. Hopefully I will find the photo shoot this time
If you cant find us we’ll find you :oops:

Dinner information is updated, as well as participating/tentative members. Photographer information has also been updated.

Looks like it's being delayed until the end of 2021 now.

Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 4.26.00 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back