C3Po Costume

Status
Not open for further replies.

puppetmaker77

Hi,

I've been looking into assembling a wearable C3PO suit, like from the Star Wars Trilogy. I've found a lot on making a vacuformed replica for a couple thousand dollars but that's WAY out of my budget. I was thinking something more simple under $100 and then I discovered Pepakura.

The only problem is that no one has seemed to attempt to build a full C3PO costume through the Pepakura method, or at least after hours of searching on the internet. Does anyone have a low-poly c3po 3d model or a pepakura file I could use to start my first project?

If not, my idea is that I'm gonna enlarge this papercraft c3po into a size I can copy onto posterboard and put together. Then I would add some details with a hot glue gun and spray it metallic gold. Would that work? Here's the link to the papercaft pdf.

http://rapidshare.com/files/114584587/C3.zip

Does anyone have some c3po specific tips from experience?

I have an entire HD and Low-Poly C3PO body, but I have just never gotten around to breaking it down and unfolding it.

Nintendude said:
I have an entire HD and Low-Poly C3PO body, but I have just never gotten around to breaking it down and unfolding it.

Awesome! You don't have to unfold it. I have Pepakura Designer so could you send the low-poly model to me? My e-mail is puppetmaker77@aol.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll e-mail you the whole body first to see if that's what you want, if so then I'll break down the parts into seperate files and send it to you.

Nintendude said:
I'll e-mail you the whole body first to see if that's what you want, if so then I'll break down the parts into seperate files and send it to you.

i wouldnt mind having them either

Nintendude said:

This is great! I haven't been able to find anything like this so I am very grateful! If you could divide it into wearable parts (head, chest, pelvis, forearms, etc.) that would be very helpful.

Lunar I need your e-mail to send it to you and Puppetmaker would you like me to include a 4-LOM head for it as well?

Nintendude said:
Lunar I need your e-mail to send it to you and Puppetmaker would you like me to include a 4-LOM head for it as well?

sure. Thanks so much for the help!

hellow amigos

i was looking a c3po body armor pattern for papekura about many many time ago...

i so frusted cause i only get a helmet pattern from your forum...

now i found this post with your messages and say.. wow somebody was looking for triipio too...

my question is...

can you send me this 3d file from treepio to my too?

please...

if i can unfold it i'll share with all of you... pleaasssee

my mail is goofardo@hotmail.com

thanks thanks thanks ^^

greetings...

ChaoBreeder said:

I'm already using it for assistence but it's mainly for the extremely expensive fiberglass/vacuformed method that costs 1,000's of dollars to assemble. That's why I am using papercraft. I use those sites for refernce photos, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back