• ya nah bud

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • no ya, no.. well maybe bud

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Electraknite

BMO
405th Regiment Officer
heyo everyone, for the people coming to Calgary expo, we are planning some after hours stuff like a dinner on Sat and maybe a photoshoot.

Expo is April 27-30 at Stampede Park, Calgary.

for the dinner, I'll link the sign up sheet Please indicate if you're bringing a +1 and if there are food restrictions or a food preference that anyone has? let me know and I'll narrow down some places.

also, we were talking awhile ago about a photoshoot. its gonna be a busy weekend so its a bit up in the air and so far no photographer is organized. if anyone knows someone with camera skills we might be able to squeeze something in or have a couple smaller shoots.

Its nearly go time gamers so polish your boots

heyo everyone, for the people coming to Calgary expo, we are planning some after hours stuff like a dinner on Sat and maybe a photoshoot.

Expo is April 27-30 at Stampede Park, Calgary.

for the dinner, I'll link the sign up sheet Please indicate if you're bringing a +1 and if there are food restrictions or a food preference that anyone has? let me know and I'll narrow down some places.

also, we were talking awhile ago about a photoshoot. its gonna be a busy weekend so its a bit up in the air and so far no photographer is organized. if anyone knows someone with camera skills we might be able to squeeze something in or have a couple smaller shoots.

Its nearly go time gamers so polish your boots
Your bestie Cortana and I are definitely in

We're in as long as timeline doesn't overlap with our pre-judging or the cosplay contest, cause VonSnake and I are in the contest this year.

How would you all feel about going to a pub in Calgary called Limericks on Saturday evening? The 501st is going there and the members organizing that have a good relationship with the owners. They likely have a second room that holds 20 - 25 people that we could use. There is no charge for renting the room. They are bringing in extra staff and cooks that night and will have their whole menu available which does include a wide variety of items, include gluten free. Admittedly, this does make it easier on me not having to choose which dinner to go to and it covers me off with respect to food but if you guys don't mind and we have enough people going Beth has offered to just add us to the booking for the 501st, but get us our own room as well (probably - Beth said it's possible but until it's booked I don't want to say it's a for sure).

Would that work for everyone? I'm totally totally fine if you would prefer to go elsewhere. Just thought I'd mention this if it helps out with the organizing.

Just to be clear.....we'd be in our own room. I'm not asking you all to spend the evening mingled in with a bunch of people from a different group. If we can't get the room then we can ask for somewhere else in the pub or we look elsewhere.

so far only 7 of us are signed up so a room might be overkill, I also wonder if theres enough parking there for the 501 and us.
just so people know, if you aren't signed up its assumed you wont be coming.

Good odds I'd be able to join Saturday I'm not sure about the POW depending on how far I get with my overhaul on my suit.
A bit of a hint of what is coming down the pipe

Attachments

• 20230210_161446.jpg
    20230210_161446.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 90
Hey Angela, didn't the club dinner get switched to Friday this year?

Parade: when is the cutoff for attendee listing?

What time are we meeting for supper?
I'll be booking a reso for 8:00 pm, hopefully we will all be finished with things by then, its fine if you will be a bit late from contests and things, just sign up.

I was also hoping to find a restaurant not far from the con.

Well I'm probably going to do the photo shoot/ hang outside the expo area since I'm saving up money for my trip to Japan like on the Monday

Round of applause and pats on the back to every one of you that contributed to the 405th booth this past weekend! I’ve been loving all the photos that have been popping up of you guys. Your suits and the booth all looked incredible and it looks like it was a big highlight at the Expo so seriously great job everyone who put all that work in!

In particular I’d like to shout out your lovely Snowburner Battalion staff Electraknite , James and Viper 466 (FANGS you did alright too :p) The work you guys put in to make the booth happen and make this event so wonderful for our members and the public was truly awesome and you should be very proud of yourselves.

You’ve all set a pretty high bar for the rest of our con season here up north, can’t wait to see what you guys do from here!

This thread is more than 10 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back